Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: I am pi$$ed off and don't know what to do about it

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    My .357 sig project is dead in the water due to no ammo being produced right now by Underwood in the load I want.
    Load your own?

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1022669695?pid=552562
    https://www.natchezss.com/lehigh-def...s-100-box.html
    Last edited by Disciple; 01-03-22 at 16:25.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I am on record, as saying none of us should buy Holosun due to the whole made in China thing.

Yesterday I was shooting with a guy and he has a Holosun 507 on his Glock. I shot it, my RMR pales next to the 507. 507 glass is a lot crisper, I love the green dot. I love the dot in the big circle and think it is a great tool for teaching new dot shooters.

Last night I watched Aaron at Sage Dynamics beat Holosuns and they kept going.

Why couldn't the factory be in Viet Nam and not China?

But I am going to have to admit here and now, the sight is just so great, that it is no longer going to be the hill on which I will fight my lonely private battle against the Chinese. I was in shock at how much better it was than my RMR.
    Holosuns parent company is chinese, they have an office in CA to make import easier and so people that don't do research think it is a American business.

I don't give a damn how good people say they are, I can't financially support a country that is not a US Ally.
    I make an effort to buy products that support US or our ally's, sometimes you can't get away from Chinese parts but most times you can get at least close with minimal effort.

Also I've seen one RMR fail, the glass piped out as the guy used it as a charging handle.

I've seem at least a dozen holosun and the many brands their parent company named fail.
    On the majority if forums you see Chinese optics broke threads, rarely do I see broke RMR threads.

That shake awake gimmick I've seen fail twice, once in a class once at a competition. I just laugh and say to myself, what a great feature that is.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fan View Post
    Holosuns parent company is chinese, they have an office in CA to make import easier and so people that don't do research think it is a American business.

I don't give a damn how good people say they are, I can't financially support a country that is not a US Ally.
    I make an effort to buy products that support US or our ally's, sometimes you can't get away from Chinese parts but most times you can get at least close with minimal effort.

Also I've seen one RMR fail, the glass piped out as the guy used it as a charging handle.

I've seem at least a dozen holosun and the many brands their parent company named fail.
    On the majority if forums you see Chinese optics broke threads, rarely do I see broke RMR threads.

That shake awake gimmick I've seen fail twice, once in a class once at a competition. I just laugh and say to myself, what a great feature that is.
    The RMR is still reliability and durability king with a proven track record, no one is disputing that.

The rest of your post have not been anywhere close to my experience using the Holosun products on handguns.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Double tap
    Last edited by WickedWillis; 01-03-22 at 18:36. Reason: Double post
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    Especially when you realize everyone replying to this thread is undoubtedly doing it with something that contains something from China.
    You certainly aren't saying a product from a non Chinese company with minimal if any Chinese parts are the same as 100% Chinese products like the holosun?

https://www.makeuseof.com/where-are-samsung-phones-made

While Samsung used to manufacture phones in China, it terminated all manufacturing operations in China in mid-2019. So unless you purchase an old model, Samsung smartphones are not made in China.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    Buying Holosun pales in comparison to what everyone else buys from China on a daily basis. The only thing you hurt by boycotting Holosun is you.
    What is the saying about "if everybody jumps off a bridge"?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I am pi$$ed off and don't know what to do about it

You certainly aren't saying a product from a non Chinese company with minimal if any Chinese parts are the same as 100% Chinese products like the holosun?

https://www.makeuseof.com/where-are-samsung-phones-made
    What about the components in the Samsung phone? Look I’m all for depriving China of our money. I have no Chinese optics. My point is, if you’re on here posting, it’s being done with a computer or phone that undoubtedly has something in it from China. It’s pretty laughable when people get on their high horse about Chinese products when they’re using Chinese products to do it.
    Last edited by Inkslinger; 01-03-22 at 19:00.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What is the saying about "if everybody jumps off a bridge"?
    Not sure, but I do know what they say about totally missing the point.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    What about the components in the Samsung phone? Look I’m all for depriving China of our money. I have no Chinese optics. My point is, if you’re on here posting, it’s being done with a computer or phone that undoubtedly has something in it from China. It’s pretty laughable when people get on their high horse about Chinese products when they’re using Chinese products to do it.
    There are no longer American made phoned or computers, so I buy the most anti China possible.
    How us that the same as the person buying I phones that are all Chinese?

Show me a 100% non Chinese phone or computer and I'll buy it.
    I haven't found either in many years.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There are no longer American made phoned or computers, so I buy the most anti China possible.
    How us that the same as the person buying I phones that are all Chinese?

Show me a 100% non Chinese phone or computer and I'll buy it.
    I haven't found either in many years.
    I’m a black and white kind of guy on these things. If one part or the whole product is from China that’s enough to make me not open my mouth and take some moral stand about not supporting Chinese made products. My definition of hypocrisy may be different than yours. Like I said, I wish China never got a single penny from our country, but I realize we’re surrounded by Chinese products. That fact alone is why I personally will take no hypocritical stand on the internet or real life about Chinese products. That’s the world we live in and pretending you or anyone else bitching about about it is not contributing to it is laughable.

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast