Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: I am pi$$ed off and don't know what to do about it

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    I’m a black and white kind of guy on these things. If one part or the whole product is from China that’s enough to make me not open my mouth and take some moral stand about not supporting Chinese made products. My definition of hypocrisy may be different than yours. Like I said, I wish China never got a single penny from our country, but I realize we’re surrounded by Chinese products. That fact alone is why I personally will take no hypocritical stand on the internet or real life about Chinese products. That’s the world we live in and pretending you or anyone else bitching about about it is not contributing to it is laughable.
    Yup. Most steel, plastics, footwear, furniture, power generation equipment, toys, games, sports equipment, cordless tools, and textiles are all mostly from China.

Like I mentioned before, boycotting a few Holosun optics in the grand scheme of things does absolutely squat.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 01-03-22 at 21:12.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    I’m a black and white kind of guy on these things. If one part or the whole product is from China that’s enough to make me not open my mouth and take some moral stand about not supporting Chinese made products. My definition of hypocrisy may be different than yours. Like I said, I wish China never got a single penny from our country, but I realize we’re surrounded by Chinese products. That fact alone is why I personally will take no hypocritical stand on the internet or real life about Chinese products. That’s the world we live in and pretending you or anyone else bitching about about it is not contributing to it is laughable.
    I guess we do look at it differently.

I buy American when available, when it isn't I buy the least Chinese option possible.

Saying that is the same as those intentionally buying 100% Chinese products when an alternative is available, doesnt make sense to me.

We do agree on wishing they didn't get any money for our country.
    Last edited by .45fan; 01-03-22 at 21:12.

Feedback Score
    Let me be clear, I despise Congress, Trump and American business leaders, due to the response collectively to Covid.

Congress should in a 100% vote of all members blocked imports from China after a certain date, but they caved to corrupt American business that is addicted to high profits made possible by slave labor.

Trump for not nuking every Chinese city off the face of the earth. They started a war of WMD, we should have finished it.

My computer that I am typing this on, some of the food I eat, medicine, clothing etc., all made in China.

I tried to go zero china products in my life, it is impossible, period. I was wasting huge amounts of time trying to research it.

So please cut the hypocrisy of it is made in China, while you type the post on a computer that if it wasn't made in China , most of the parts were.

I really like the green dot, as it worked better for my eyes. I also think that Holosun of today is not the piece of crap it was in the past.

Having said that my twin Glock 34, 35 for my Leighi Defense project will wear Leupold Delta Micros. I want to try a new type of product and not use old style of optics.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    There’s a lot of harsh truth and reality in this thread. My work for the last 20 years has involved some type of manufacturing in China. Every Chinese company has a government party “liaison” officer. As yoni says, everything in China belongs to the Communist Party and is on loan to the private sector. Private ownership in China is a facade. The private sector is allowed to flourish and grow only as long as it is ultimately useful to the government. There’s also a cultural gap as far as IP is concerned. There is little desire to innovate or improve since there’s no guarantee of reward. If someone finds a way to make money, a slew of others will imitate to get a piece of the pie. In M4C speak, the entire culture has a case of “just-as-good-as.”

China doesn’t have a shooting culture and they have used the American market to test their designs, find out what works and how to efficiently manufacture it. I’ve seen in the last five to seven years how Holosun products have started as trash Aimpoint airsoft clones to actual dependable sights thanks to evaluations, reviews and warranty returns from American shooters. Trijicon has development data from 20 years of GWOT and the differences in design philosophies are stark. Not saying one is better than the other or what the future holds, but you can see consumer-driven features like shake-awake, solar panels, switchable reticles, etc. versus forged housings, simple and rugged controls for users that meet general vision standards, harsh environments, etc.

Feedback Score
    I will promise everyone here, in the future you will see Holosun optics on Chicom weapons.

Now the optics on Chicom weapons maybe made in Holosun factory which will be nationalized or the commy bastards will just steal the design.

My bet is they will steal the whole factory that is currently where Holosuns are manufactured.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I will promise everyone here, in the future you will see Holosun optics on Chicom weapons.

Now the optics on Chicom weapons maybe made in Holosun factory which will be nationalized or the commy bastards will just steal the design.

My bet is they will steal the whole factory that is currently where Holosuns are manufactured.
    And at some point nationalize Apple, Tesla, KFC'c, Walmarts, Armour, Corning, Dell, the list is almost infinite.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Just because most of the stuff in our lives is Chinese made doesn’t mean you have to say ah **** it, might as well make it all Chinese made. It’s nice to be able to pick and choose when we get a chance. For me particularly on our weapons.
    "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Just because most of the stuff in our lives is Chinese made doesn’t mean you have to say ah **** it, might as well make it all Chinese made. It’s nice to be able to pick and choose when we get a chance. For me particularly on our weapons.
    I don't think most who don't mind buying a Holosun are in that mindset. What it is more like is why limit your optic selection in the name of anti Chinese when optics are a miniscule market and profit for them to begin with? You are accomplishing nothing but grand standing. If your going to pick a hill to die/fight on, pick one that means and accomplishes something, not a tiny ant hill that does zero, but makes you feel better about yourself.

It is no different then the eco idiots who want the US to become zero carbon footprint, no matter what the cost or who it hurts, when the fact is that doing so will accomplish nothing due to countries like India and China being allowed to not adhere to similar standards. What's the point?

Kind of like Tesla, Prius, & EV owners snobbing ICE car owners while totally unaware their carbon footprint is no different.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I’m not saying that others are bad for it or asking others not to buy Holosun. That’s the difference. I’m not grandstanding. I’m making a personal choice and so are you choosing to buy them.

I was arguing that I’m not going to be ok with ME buying one just because there’s a lot of other Chinese stuff in my home too.

I choose not to if I can, with my firearms stuff.

Who knows, maybe one day I’ll give in (I’ve said I hate stuff for years and end up with em. I said I’d never have an mrds at one point, now I have 2) and buy one someday.
    "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Good on you for at least testing Chinese equipment for yourself. I went Russian (Perst) for vis / IR laser, and will be trying Chinese for NV.

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast