Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Successful e-file form4?

Feedback Score

Successful e-file form4?

Has anyone been able to successfully complete an E file form4 yet? I was just at my dealers today asking about the two cans I bought on Black Friday. They told me the ATF has rejected every e-file application they have submitted so far.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just purchased a can through Silencer Shop this morning using e-file. Because it's only been a few hours, the status is still in waiting for the Form 3 to be approved for the dealer transfer. I'll update you once the Form 4 has been submitted and the check cashed. Should be in the next 3 weeks.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Hell - I haven't even gotten the website to work well enough to get my password changed and login updated as directed.

Typical FedGov efficiency.

Feedback Score
    All dealers had to change their password for the new system--many had to call, like myself, because the update password function wasn't working. I am doing my first eform 4 on myself right now to practice and get an idea of time frame since we don't have an e-fingerprint system (cha ching) and instead are going with the cover sheet option and sending in the cards within 10 days.

Feedback Score
    I can get into the system they just won’t take any fingerprints at all

Feedback Score
    My dealer said that she is having trouble. It may be best to just wait a couple of weeks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    I just purchased a can through Silencer Shop this morning using e-file. Because it's only been a few hours, the status is still in waiting for the Form 3 to be approved for the dealer transfer. I'll update you once the Form 4 has been submitted and the check cashed. Should be in the next 3 weeks.
    Check cashed? The whole point of this thing is for all parts of the process to be Electronic... meaning Credit card payments as well. Will see how this works once I have a customer, but I am reading a lot of bad news already.
    Noveske Light Recce/AAC M4-2000 mod 08
    Noveske 7.5" VLTOR VIS Diplomat
    LWRC 10.5" gas piston upper with Blackout FH
    Walther P22/Tac Quest
    H&K Tactical Compact .45/AAC Evolution 45
    H&K P2000 .40 Duty
    KEL-TEC SU22 Semi Auto .22 rifle/threaded

Next project: Some sort of machine gun...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicKrack View Post
    Check cashed? The whole point of this thing is for all parts of the process to be Electronic... meaning Credit card payments as well. Will see how this works once I have a customer, but I am reading a lot of bad news already.
    Well, I think "check cached" may be figurative. I used a credit card, and at some point Silencer Shop gives me a "check cached" status.

I've never done an e-file before, and really only bought my first NFA items from SS in November, but maybe someone who has previous experience with e-file Form 1s could shed some light on whether an actual paper check is required.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    but maybe someone who has previous experience with e-file Form 1s could shed some light on whether an actual paper check is required.
    No. You pay via credit or debit card.

This does bring up a good question. Whenever my dealer has submitted a paper Form 4 for me in the past, she's always just had me write a check to the ATF which she included in the envelope with the Form and fingerprint cards. Given that I'm the one who owes the $200, it doesn't see right that the dealer would have to pay. Obviously I could reimburse, but I don't know how much they'll like that.

Feedback Score
    I'm watching the eForm 4 process with some curiosity. I've been waiting ten months for a form 4 to clear and just started another one Dec 2. I'll be curious if ATF cranks the e form 4 applications out as quickly as they have been e form 1 applications. It will be quite annoying if they expedite the e form 4 and make the previously applied paper form 4 take forever. Seems the "fair" way to do it would be to focus their resources on clearing the back log before accelerating the e form 4 process but then we are dealing with the gubmint after all and logic escapes them

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast