Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Successful e-file form4?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsunsurf View Post
    For silencer shop purchases, the dealer “prepares” the eForm 4, then the buyer has to certify the questions and check a box and enter their own eForm username and PIN. This is done in a window in SS web portal that is actually a remote virtual machine loading ATF page. If filing as an individual, that must be done in person at the dealer. If filing as a trust, SS allows for both the dealer and buyer to be in the same virtual machine and the responsible person can certify remotely (but both the dealer and the person are doing it simultaneously). Right after the buyer inputs username and PIN, the dealer inputs their PIN. Then it’s certified and submitted.
    Yup. I received notification that I will be resubmitting my E-form 4 this week after it was denied through some mistake(I blame the ATF, because its their fault this is an issue at all), about 2 weeks ago from my submission the first week of Jan.

I'll give an update after me and my dealer complete it.
    "Warriors"

Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets. Nine are the real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they make the battle. Ah, but the one...one is a Warrior, and he will bring all the others back.

-Heraclitis

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsunsurf View Post
    For silencer shop purchases, the dealer “prepares” the eForm 4, then the buyer has to certify the questions and check a box and enter their own eForm username and PIN. This is done in a window in SS web portal that is actually a remote virtual machine loading ATF page. If filing as an individual, that must be done in person at the dealer. If filing as a trust, SS allows for both the dealer and buyer to be in the same virtual machine and the responsible person can certify remotely (but both the dealer and the person are doing it simultaneously). Right after the buyer inputs username and PIN, the dealer inputs their PIN. Then it’s certified and submitted.
    Yup. I received notification that I will be resubmitting my E-form 4 this week after it was denied through some mistake(I blame the ATF, because its their fault this is an issue at all), about 2 weeks ago from my submission the first week of Jan.

"Warriors"

Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets. Nine are the real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they make the battle. Ah, but the one...one is a Warrior, and he will bring all the others back.

-Heraclitis

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ap1220 View Post

What was the mistake?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    What was the mistake?
    The mistake must have been the dealers using the transferee’s usernames and PIN to process the efiled forms. So, moving forward, certification is done by logging through your account, then notify your dealer and they log into the atf website. From here you certify with your stuff rather than the transferor erroneously using yours.

I completed mine today with my FFL, and it has been resubmitted.
    "Warriors"

-Heraclitis

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I can't even get logged on to e-Form. Stopped by my Class 3 yesterday and they told me I'm the 3 person that day complaining the same thing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ap1220 View Post
    The mistake must have been the dealers using the transferee’s usernames and PIN to process the efiled forms. So, moving forward, certification is done by logging through your account, then notify your dealer and they log into the atf website. From here you certify with your stuff rather than the transferor erroneously using yours.
    I'm confused by what you've said here. Today my dealer did a Form 4 to transfer an SBR to me. I stood right with her as she, actually we, went through each step. I entered my credit card information when the payment screen popped up. At one point I had to enter my user ID and pin number. After I did that, she had to enter her pin number. I'm assuming her user id wasn't required because she was already logged in. Eventually she got to a screen that said it was successfully submitted. She checked her email and the email for the fingerprint cards was already there. Later I checked my email and found an email with the submitted Form 4 attached.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I'm confused by what you've said here. Today my dealer did a Form 4 to transfer an SBR to me. I stood right with her as she, actually we, went through each step. I entered my credit card information when the payment screen popped up. At one point I had to enter my user ID and pin number. After I did that, she had to enter her pin number. I'm assuming her user id wasn't required because she was already logged in. Eventually she got to a screen that said it was successfully submitted. She checked her email and the email for the fingerprint cards was already there. Later I checked my email and found an email with the submitted Form 4 attached.
    I apologize for any confusion. This second time around, what you described is the process we used, only over the phone and jointly through different computers and same result for a successful submission.

It was originally filed back in December and the dealer used my provided login info to do the submission. If you read above there were others who likely did the same. I don't know if there was confusion on multiple dealers on the new processes or what. We all received basically, "you were naughty" emails from the ATF, had to redo our login pins and our Efiled Form4 submissions were rejected.

I hope that helps.
    "Warriors"

-Heraclitis

Feedback Score
    It definitely helps. Now I know that I'm on the right track. It will be interesting to see if these new e-filed Form 4's go as fast as the Form 1's or if they just take as long as the paper Form 4's. Obviously I'm hoping for the former.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    It definitely helps. Now I know that I'm on the right track. It will be interesting to see if these new e-filed Form 4's go as fast as the Form 1's or if they just take as long as the paper Form 4's. Obviously I'm hoping for the former.
    They're supposed to be 90 days from acceptance, but my LGS is saying 120 days. I'm just hoping it'll be less than 180...

Kinda wanting a 22 can...
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I am sure the speed of the processing will be the lack of data entering from the digital format over the paper forms.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast