Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Grip Angle

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    I never really noticed the grip angle of a handgun that much. I’ve owned Sigs, Berettas, and Glocks.

I’ve only ever shot red dots on Glocks though. Would be interesting to see how it goes with something with a lot different angle.
    Have you ever shot competitive pistol?

I bet you would notice the difference in a semi-stressful situation where you are trained one way.

Feedback Score
    Dremel is your friend if you own a Glock.

I modeled my grip after a CZ, and ground it to match. Since then they point naturally to point of aim.

I shot a friends gen 5 with a holosun 507 green dot on it. As stated in an other thread I fell in love with the sight. The Glock was better than the old grips on prior generations. But my ground Glocks still feel good in my hands,

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Have you ever shot competitive pistol?

I bet you would notice the difference in a semi-stressful situation where you are trained one way.
    Yeah I shot USPSA, IDPA, Steel Challenge, and a bunch of outlaw matches for a little over ten years. I usually shot Production with a Glock 17, or Limited with a 35, but dabbled with Single Stack and slicked up Beretta 92s a time or two.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    It has been said before that the front strap on a Glock has essentially the same angle as the front strap on a 1911. Yesterday, I installed an arched mainspring housing on my 1911….1911a1 (1924?) style. Here’s a couple pics of it with a G44. I lined the barrels/slides up parallel and lined up the top rears of the grips. They disappear behind each other. As much as people say they prefer the 1911 grip angle to that of Glocks, they sure look alike.

Attachment 67055
    Attachment 67052
    I wonder how many people are shooting 1991's with the arched mainspring vs the flat. To me the difference between the flat and a Glock is more pronounced. For the record, I've gone from 1911 to HK to Glock and never noticed a difference in my shooting.

Feedback Score
    It’s the hump on the back strap of the Glock that throws it off. A 26, 19, 17 will all point differently as the hump drops lower as the frame gets taller. I have skinny hands, so I prefer the 17 frame as my hand rides mostly above it and points like most other handguns. I’ve had a 19x grip chopped to a regular 19 length. It works well, for me.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Really? Grip angle in 2022?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Glock has the same grip angle as HK's P7. Never heard anyone complain about P7's angle.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Glock has the same grip angle as HK's P7. Never heard anyone complain about P7's angle.
    The P7 was single stack.

The double stack P7M10 and M13, felt terrible in the hand.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I'll need to check on this statement. I shot both in competition and the P7M8 points just like my other HK's when drawn as I recall. I didn't shoot the P7M8 a lot though, so may be remembering incorrectly.

Regardless, you actually have the audacity to compare a gLoCk to a P7? Balderdash, simply balderdash.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 01-03-22 at 07:21.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    I'll need to check on this statement. I shot both in competition and the P7M8 points just like my other HK's when drawn as I recall. I didn't shoot the P7M8 a lot though, so may be remembering incorrectly.

Regardless, you actually have the audacity to compare a gLoCk to a P7? Balderdash, simply balderdash.
    Yes, please check on that. Other handguns that have grip angle similar to Glock but no complaints against them are Lugers, Steyrs and some rimfires, forgot which. Caracal has more extreme angle.

It doesn't take much audacity to compare one of the practical and useful guns out there to one of most impractical and useless, even though the latter is different from everything else and looks cool.
    Last edited by YVK; 01-03-22 at 12:53.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast