Thread: Prostate Cancer News: Nanoknife

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Prostate Cancer News: Nanoknife

It should be noted the idea of electrical currents to destroy tumors is not new, yet just never got the traction/interest it should have. Maybe this will finally see wider use and adoption:

"Surgeons at University College London Hospital (UCLH) have already used it to treat prostate cancer patients.

And medics have called for bigger trials of the procedure, with it already used for liver and pancreatic cancers.

The process – called irreversible electroporation – involves sending electrical pulses into tumours which cut open the membrane of the cells.

This targeted style of treatment increases the level of precision while reducing risks to surrounding organs.

It can take less than an hour and patients don't need to stay in overnight, freeing up valuable time and space in hospitals.

Prostate cancer will affect one in six men across their lifetime as more than 50,000 cases are found every year.

Diagnoses of the disease fell by almost a quarter during the pandemic."

Cont:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...R-long-op.html

More intel:

https://vitusprostate.com/en/science...ent/nanoknife/
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Sounds promising and certainly less intrusive and inconvenient than radiation or surgery.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NickySantoro View Post
    Sounds promising and certainly less intrusive and inconvenient than radiation or surgery.
    Anything that helps. That said, there is just something in the back of my mind that screams "Take it out!" when it comes to cancer (providing it is operable). You can kill the crap out of it but one cell survives and here you are again a couple years down the road. Remove it (assuming it's all gotten to) and you're usually home-free.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Anything that helps. That said, there is just something in the back of my mind that screams "Take it out!" when it comes to cancer (providing it is operable). You can kill the crap out of it but one cell survives and here you are again a couple years down the road. Remove it (assuming it's all gotten to) and you're usually home-free.
    Agreed. BTDT twice, kidney and bowel. Surgeon took 25% of the right kidney with big margins to be sure. Colorectal surgeon took more after the colonoscopy to make sure all the cancer that came out with the polyp was all the cancer. I wanted it out. That being said, my cousin, my age, had cryo surgery where they freeze the cancer to kill it for kidney cancer and is fine. Time will tell for all of us.
    Last edited by NickySantoro; 01-04-22 at 13:31.