Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you change your optic batteries out annually ?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Do you change your optic batteries out annually ?

I know that most of my Aimpoint etc batteries last longer than a year. But I change all my Aimpoints etc annually and do so at this time. I don't want shit getting crusty and its cheap to do. I don't do it on handguns that I have to remove the optic, otherwise I think it's a good plan. YMMV

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    As a rule I change them annually.

The exception to the rule is experimentation. I got 3 1/2 years out of an Aimpoint Pro and 4 years out of a RMR 02

Another exception is the Holosun 507 Green dot. I keep on manual and replace it every 6 months because the battery died at 8 months. However a nice feature of the Holosun 507 is not having to remove the optic to replace the battery.

Currently I'm experimenting with a Vortex Spark Solar that says it has up 150,000 hours battery life.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Pistol rds gets a new battery every six months. Rifle rds every year.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    nope, I carry spares and change as needed. No need to overthink it

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Aaron Cowan turned me on to switching them all every year on my birthday, so for the last few years I have done that.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The only battery I've had to change was my Aimpoint C-3 a year or two back. It just starting looking dim for the click settings I use. Changed it out, and good to go for another 3-5 years, I'd guess.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    It’s rare that I get a full year out of always on batteries. My T2 lasted 10-11 months on average and my RMR about 8. It’s driven me towards others like Holosuns and Vortexes that have shake awake settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    It’s rare that I get a full year out of always on batteries. My T2 lasted 10-11 months on average and my RMR about 8. It’s driven me towards others like Holosuns and Vortexes that have shake awake settings.

What model RMR are you using that dies that quickly. How often do you shoot?

I have used 3 different models since 2015 and get a year out of the batteries.

Just curious if I need to be more concerned with changing them more often.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    Aaron Cowan turned me on to switching them all every year on my birthday, so for the last few years I have done that.
    Good idea...

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fan View Post
    What model RMR are you using that dies that quickly. How often do you shoot?

I have used 3 different models since 2015 and get a year out of the batteries.

Just curious if I need to be more concerned with changing them more often.
    Type 1 RM06. You’ll notice from the T2 battery life that I like my dots bright and both of those were always on. Don’t shoot that often though, late 2019-Covid it was once a week but that was the most often and maybe lasted four months. Aside from that, once a month if not once every 2-3 and up to like 6 months sadly.

I usually turn it up to max or second highest setting when shooting but typically drop it down a tad when not so neither of those are at full brightness for most of the time.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast