Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Backups

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Are you guys aware of the LCP recall? This sounds like poor excuse for putting out defective product.

"We want to remind gun users that, for maximum safety when carrying any pistol with a loaded magazine in place, the chamber should be empty, and the slide should be closed. Any gun may fire if dropped or struck."

http://www.ruger.com/LCPRecall/index.html

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Limey- View Post
    CT Brian did a little work on this 360PD 357mag it has mandatory CTC grips.
    Holster is Matt DelFatti. It weighs about 12oz. I also carry it on the ankle in an ankle glove or pocket with a MIKA pocket holster. I carry this 90% off Duty and it is my bug to an HK45/M16/870 on.

Dude, that holster is too pretty to be IWB!

As for the subject at hand, no serious gun packer should EVER be without a J-frame of some flavor. If I have pants on my 442 (Pre-lock) is in the pocket.

The LCP is spot on for a third gun, and I appreciate the tip the mags are on sale...sold my T&E model to a buddy and he's already had the recall work done and it never burped anyhow.

Me, I'm thinking about getting another J-frame, perhaps one of the RSR no-lock special runs.

I keep putting off getting the CT LGs to buy other stuff; the 442 hits a 6-in. plate every time at 20 yards if I flinch just right.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. " _ Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    what do you think of that bersa? i had a loaded one in the hands of an idiot pointed at me the other day, so my only experience has been negative.

wow. that would be a negative.

i like it. i bought it used for around $200 w/ three mags. it came without the key for the "safety" lock-out feature. that didn't bother me one bit. it already has a decocking safety catch, firing pin block and magazine out of battery safety. it really doesn't need a lock out.

anyway. bought it for my girlfriend. we ended up breaking up, so i wound up being stuck with it...but actually....i wound up being surprised.

it eats Rem, Corbon and Hornady XTP hollows all day. fits better in the pocket than a PPS, and i can kick it around in an ankle holster. i can lock it in the glove box and not worry about it rusting, because frankly, its a cheap Argentinean knock-off.

but i will say it has been very reliable. the only thing is that you don't want to top off the magazine to 7+1. it's not meant to be loaded up with 8 rounds, it will often FTF on the 2nd round. also, spare mags are over-priced for being just a basic single stack, pinky rest mag with a weak spring. other than that, extremely reliable & good value.
    TUEBOR

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345