Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Input requested: Larue Stealth Billet Upper + MI Combat Rail

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    It is a rifle. You do not need M4 cuts. They will not hurt anything but in this case they are not needed at all.
    I thought that was the combination that one must avoid. Doesn't that produce a lip that can catch the nose of bullets and jam the gun?

Last edited by Disciple; 01-06-22 at 21:11.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    edited for clean up
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    edited to clean up a lack of coffee
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    I thought that was the combination that one must avoid. Doesn't that produce a lip that can catch the nose of bullets and jam the gun?

If he wants to dump his barrel with the rifle cut extension to me and go to a barrel with an M4 extension and still use his upper that he has now - It will look like the last picture you just shared. Very bottom right hand side picture.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Nothing wrong with having a rifle receiver to match up the feedramps on your barrel.

SNIP...

Why not just get the correct receiver now while its not a big deal?
    Quote Originally Posted by njrugerowner View Post
    To that end, I purchased a LaRue Stealth Billet LT-007 A3 upper receiver to go with my (previously purchased) Green Mountain HBAR 20" barrel (I live in an AWB state); at the height of the pandemic the LaRue was the only upper receiver I could find that had rifle extension cuts
    He did get the correct receiver.

No?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    It is a rifle. You do not need M4 cuts.

You got a nice barrel. Nothing at all wrong with having a rifle extension on a rifle barrel.
    Agreed 100%.

I think I might have been mixing two different topics with too many tabs open while working on projects.

Rifle receiver and rifle extension (rifle feedramps) is the correct way to go. DG23, thanks for getting this back on track!!
    Stick

Feedback Score
    Everyone:

Thanks so much for your time and input. Looking forward to completing this build!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by d poynter View Post
    I'll be the guy that does everything but answer your question.

The MI rail you reference is actually 17.5".

I've never really cared for the MI rails.

I can either pay $250 for that rail, or I can purchase a 15" MCMR from Primary Arms for $200. I'll get the MCMR every time.

Like I said, that doesn't answer your question.
    Since the OP question is answered I'll diverge a bit.

So, curious what about the MCMR rail makes it appreciably better than the equivalent MI rail? The 17" rail he purchased is two inches longer than your $200 15" MCMR, thus more expensive. Longer = More materials = More expensive to produce = More dollars

The equivalent 15" MI rail isn't $250, it is ~$200 as well, depending on what you call equivalent beyond MLOK.

Both material specs are exactly the same and both even come with a little piece of MLOK PIC.

I have a bunch of MI rails and find they are very high quality and easy to install.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12