Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ok, experts, pro's and commando's--SP5 or BT APC9 Pro?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My buddy has APC9 and I have Z-5RS.
    My MP5 clone is softer to shoot, but I LOVE the ergos of the APC, it’s like a baby scar and it’s built beautifully. However, anytime I take people to the range, the MP5 is the belle of the ball.
    All that aside, I didn’t already have the Zenith, I would pick up a B&T. One with a Glock lower since I have endless Glock mags. In fact, I may pick one up eventually anyway if I find enough spare change.
    I hope that helps.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dan1612 View Post
    My buddy has APC9 and I have Z-5RS.
    My MP5 clone is softer to shoot, but I LOVE the ergos of the APC, it’s like a baby scar and it’s built beautifully. However, anytime I take people to the range, the MP5 is the belle of the ball.
    All that aside, I didn’t already have the Zenith, I would pick up a B&T. One with a Glock lower since I have endless Glock mags. In fact, I may pick one up eventually anyway if I find enough spare change.
    I hope that helps.
    Is the APC direct blowback? I know it has that buffer, but that seems a little bit retrogressive compared to the MP5s operating system. I mean, direct blowback with a buffer is super old school if that's what's going on with those. I was looking at pictures of the field stripped parts and if it's not direct I don't know what else it could be.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    Is the APC direct blowback? I know it has that buffer, but that seems a little bit retrogressive compared to the MP5s operating system. I mean, direct blowback with a buffer is super old school if that's what's going on with those. I was looking at pictures of the field stripped parts and if it's not direct I don't know what else it could be.
    APC is direct blowback, but the two stage recoil spring system with the hydraulic buffer on the second takes the recoil to almost roller delayed levels. It is old tech, but it’s also simple and theoretically reliable.
    The thing I take away from B&T’s is how beautifully they’re made. The only thing I’m familiar with that I can compare it to, is a custom 1911, in the way the whole thing feels like it’s on ball bearings. If you’re into that sort of thing, it’s pretty amazing.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Is the Angstadt Arms MDP-9 worth consideration?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dan1612 View Post
    APC is direct blowback, but the two stage recoil spring system with the hydraulic buffer on the second takes the recoil to almost roller delayed levels. It is old tech, but it’s also simple and theoretically reliable.
    The thing I take away from B&T’s is how beautifully they’re made. The only thing I’m familiar with that I can compare it to, is a custom 1911, in the way the whole thing feels like it’s on ball bearings. If you’re into that sort of thing, it’s pretty amazing.
    What about the port pop though? That was always the MP5's big claim to fame was that the roller delay worked really well with silencers.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Well, I should have the BT Sunday and said, f it and ordered the SP5, dang it.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Both is usually the right answer. Congrats.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Yeah, just dumped two X5's though, no biggie, haven't shot one on 2 years and never fired the other. But those are a dime a dozen anyhow.
    in reference to the BT and HK, like keys and titties jingling, just gotta have them!
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Ok, experts, pro's and commando's--SP5 or BT APC9 Pro?

Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    What about the port pop though? That was always the MP5's big claim to fame was that the roller delay worked really well with silencers.
    I didn’t notice it. Moving my Omega9k from one to the other back to back, I couldn’t really tell a difference.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    Well, I should have the BT Sunday and said, f it and ordered the SP5, dang it.
    Nice! Congrats!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast