Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ok, experts, pro's and commando's--SP5 or BT APC9 Pro?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dan1612 View Post
    I didn’t notice it. Moving my Omega9k from one to the other back to back, I couldn’t really tell a difference.
    You guys are making this really hard for me.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Is the Angstadt Arms MDP-9 worth consideration?
    Not when discussing these two.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    What about the port pop though? That was always the MP5's big claim to fame was that the roller delay worked really well with silencers.
    Never noticed a difference between the two. Next time Pappabear brings the sub guns out, we'll have to try to hear any difference.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Congrats! You will enjoy them. Even if you decide you don’t like one of them, you should have no trouble selling either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    Well, I should have the BT Sunday and said, f it and ordered the SP5, dang it.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Not a bad pick for a fun gun. The SP5 is the MP5 copy right? I really can't seem love that operating knob on the Mp5. I'm too spoiled on the AR empty mag lock back that you get with the newer sub guns.
    You better sound off that you like to do the HK bolt slap, or I’ll slap you like a….. Mp5 bolt catch

Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    Well, I should have the BT Sunday and said, f it and ordered the SP5, dang it.

And…..

I cross shopped them and got an MP5, waiting for an MP5k - LGS says I’m top of the list for one, but they haven’t seen on in over a year(?). I think the right, objective answer is the B&T. Nostalgia got me to get the MP5. Went to pick it up, took a pic of it in the LGS and sent a pic to all my gun buddies with the message “Ho, ho, ho. Now I have a machine gun.” I have a P7 too, so I just need some C4 and Det cord to remake “Die Hard”.

I did kind of chimera it, I got the B&T collapsing Arm brace for the MP5. That check weld and the turret with front circle/post takes a bit getting used to. I think I’ll eventually SBR it and put a fixed stock on it.

The SP5 safety I think is improved over the years? It’s ambi and not that bad to manipulate.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    You better sound off that you like to do the HK bolt slap, or I’ll slap you like a….. Mp5 bolt catch

And…..

The SP5 safety I think is improved over the years? It’s ambi and not that bad to manipulate.
    The Magpul lower and safety make selector manipulation very easy. AR easy. And a Bill Springfield trigger pack make the trigger quite nice. Not Geissele nice, but totally usable like the enhanced ALG or BCM PNT. I also chopped the front sight for a clear sight picture without being way high.
    While I love my mp5, I do think the APC is technically a better, modern weapon system.
    Brain picks the APC.
    Heart picks the MP5.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234