Thread: Plus 1 mag extension

Feedback Score

Plus 1 mag extension

Who makes the best plus 1 magazine extension for Remington 870?

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    I favor Nordic for longer tubes but for a plus 1 I'd probably do a Wilson.

Feedback Score
    Wilson, they are made of steel just in case you are not careful with your gun handling.

Feedback Score
    https://www.briley.com/p-62048-remin...auge-only.aspx

I don't have this brand but it looks good and Briley's been around a long time. Be careful when ordering as if you don't need the extra sling attachment, don't order that one as Briley's sling attachment costs an extra $20 and doesn't quite seem worth it to me.

WilsonCombat was already mentioned and that should be a good brand, too.
    Ebay had a few one-round versions which may or may not be good.

I noticed some of the kits supply a follower and a spring. A supplied spring is a good idea and one less part to buy. I bought a new spring as I think the old Remington Arms Co. put the extension on but used the spring for the original 4-round mag tube vs. the new 5-round capacity. The shotgun fed with the original spring but the feeding always felt weak to me. A spring made for a 5 (or 6) rounds really made a noticeable feel to me (more like my 18.5" shotguns with 6 or 7 round capacities.

I don't know who makes the "best" one. The one I have apparently isn't made any longer and, in fact, I don't know the actual brand name. Mine came with my Tac-14 made with by the old Remington Arms Company, before Remarms took over.
    Attachment 67254
    Pic of my no-name-supplied extension on my Tac-14 (now SBS) Remington. I put the QD socket onto the hole in the end of the extension.

Remarms is supplying its Tac-13 and one of its Tac-14 models with an extension. I don't know if Remarms is selling parts yet but the OP might try calling them at: 315.895.3200

I understand Remarms is moving from NY to GA, btw, whether that affects their ability to provide customer service in this area is unknown.

Let us know which one you end up trying and how it works out.
    Last edited by L-2; 01-31-22 at 09:06.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I have a Vangcomp +1 on my 870. I find it to be a solid, well made piece of equipment and have no complaints. Also using their Dome-Safety.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    We had a few hundred 14 inch barrel shotguns where I use to work that all has Wilson Combat +1 extensions. I've taken them on and off hundreds of times and they are a chunk of steel. Never had any issue with one. David

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Another vote on getting a magazine spring with whatever you get. Any extension that isn't obviously wrong out of the box(misaligned, bad capping, something along those lines) is probably going to be at least as durable as the mag tube you are screwing it on to.