Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Question re: accuracy with my BCM and LPVO

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    It's been a while since I saw someone swear they shot M193 MOA, but those posts are always amusing. Like I said, with the BEST of everything, I'm lucky to hold sub MOA with a gas gun. It seems that my precision tightens up as the string progresses, but all that parts movement on a gas gun throws me off a little.

I love shooting gas gun at targets, but hate shooting gas guns for groups.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I know first hand how hard it can be to get a gas gun to group sub moa at 100, and I won't make that claim.

But when I zero my PCC at 25 or my carbines at 50; it is VERY common for my to get 3 round groups that have all holes touching. Nice caliber sized clover leafs.

One thing I would recommend to the OP; can you have someone else shoot your gun? Sometimes it helps me a lot to put another shooter behind a gun and see if it gets the exact same groups.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    With a solid rest, decent ammo, and attention to breathing and trigger control, ARs shoot well. I would look pretty suspiciously at one that cannot shoot 2 MOA in good conditions. A co-worker who is fairly new to guns shot this 5 shot group at 50 meters with my Rainier 18" CHF barreled rifle. A quarter would touch every hole on pretty much all her 50 meter groups that day, which is roughly consistent 2 MOA.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 01-08-22 at 12:42.

Feedback Score
    Try match ammo, and a few different types.
    Federal has always outperformed rem and win for me, in a few guns.

Vmax has always done well out to 100.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 01-10-22 at 21:07.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I think what was described is doing well for accuracy. A good test would be to throw a more magnified scope in that mount and see if more magnification brings a better result. I have not run into a situation where that pans out.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I would look pretty suspiciously at one that cannot shoot 2 MOA in good conditions.
    Yeah. Every current production gun should easily be under 2 MOA with good ammo. We've only come across one barrel that wouldn't do this, and it was a FAXON piece of crap with incorrect QPQ treatment.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I had my rifle out tonight doing some dry fire and noticed that I completely overlooked how I positioned the ADM mount when I installed it. While both cross lugs are on the receiver the front of the mount that overhangs was sitting on top of the BCM rail index tab. I moved it back so now need to re zero.

Would this possibly have caused degraded accuracy when I shot previously?

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I would think yes. The Tab(s) wouldn’t provide a stable anchor point for the mount like the rail does.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Potentially, but I really don't think so as both recoil lugs are on the receiver still. IMO.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks for the replies. I’ll see if anything changes when I get back to the range next week to re zero.

With what I’ve posted so far, would it be better for me to keep banging away with the xm193 I have, working on trigger control and shooting position, or should I spend money on a better trigger and ammo?

With a stay at home wife, and 1 and 3 year old boys my shooting time and funds are pretty tight these days.

I’ve sold off my other extraneous AR shit with the idea that this would be my hunter, defender, everything rifle.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast