Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Question re: accuracy with my BCM and LPVO

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    FWIW, I find it simpler to measure outside to outside and subtract bullet diameter.

Andy
    Either way works.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    Are you implying that the groups I shot are not meeting a normal expectation?

I realize a better measure would be 100yds, but averaging 1.5MOA with Gold Dots, a 6x scope, and standard trigger is certainly closer to what I expected when I started all of this.

Since I have a good quantity of the 62gr GSDP, and it's what I will use for defense and hunting, I don't see much use in proofing a match load. I am only concerned with the practical accuracy of the equipment that I will use.
    Your posts lead me to believe you were not happy with the groups you shot with a 6X scope.

50 yards is really close. Artificial light at an indoor range may not be as beneficial to you as natural light at an outdoor range. Multiplying group sizes X 2 may not give you a realistic idea of what the group sizes will be at 100 yards. Your group sizes may be larger or they may be smaller; it's hard to tell until you actually shoot at longer distances.

What is the longest distance you expect to shoot? What are your accuracy expectations?
    Last edited by T2C; 02-03-22 at 16:21.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    There’s nothing wrong with 1.5 MOA with Gold Dots, presuming that they maintain that out to 200 or so yards. It’s not march ammo, so shouldn’t be expected to perform like match ammo.

A really solid bench setup, more practice, and some more magnification would probably take another 1/4 MOA out of the group size.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910