Thread: Tacmed Solutions TQ and hemo dressing

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Tacmed Solutions TQ and hemo dressing

Tactical Medical Solutions (TMS) has released their newest generation SOFT, and has an Oales bandage with hemcon 'built in'. Both TCCC approved items. FYI.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    Tactical Medical Solutions (TMS) has released their newest generation SOFT, and has an Oales bandage with hemcon 'built in'. Both TCCC approved items. FYI.
    Cases of each in hand and in use. New SOF tq is the best yet, several changes make it even easier to use especially in complicated self-application. Trainees on previous versions have noted that the CAT was varying degrees of easier to apply than the SOFTT-W in certain single-handed applications, but with the new SOF version I haven't heard that at all. The new hem-OLAES is welcome, long time discussed and now here. My latest batch of OLAES trainers weren't vacuum packed, but cheaper. All good stuff.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Cases of each in hand and in use. New SOF tq is the best yet, several changes make it even easier to use especially in complicated self-application. Trainees on previous versions have noted that the CAT was varying degrees of easier to apply than the SOFTT-W in certain single-handed applications, but with the new SOF version I haven't heard that at all. The new hem-OLAES is welcome, long time discussed and now here. My latest batch of OLAES trainers weren't vacuum packed, but cheaper. All good stuff.
    Disclaimer, I am an associate training partner with TMS (I do not sell their products). When I teach tacmed/TCCC, I use a lot of their stuff. To be fair, I also use a lot of NARP, and a little Chinook, both of which puts out great, quality items (half of my personal med gear is NARP), but I really like TMS, and the kits on my belt and vest are TMS.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    I own a few SOF Tq's but have only ever trained and purchased CAT's. What features of the SOF are you finding that make it better than the CAT?

Also, I've only applied a CAT to two or three people in real life, so my experience is very limited.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    I own a few SOF Tq's but have only ever trained and purchased CAT's. What features of the SOF are you finding that make it better than the CAT?

Also, I've only applied a CAT to two or three people in real life, so my experience is very limited.
    I know I ain't ST911, but I can his this ball: the gen 4 SOFTT is wider, it's stronger, and it has a new buckle which makes application faster.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    I own a few SOF Tq's but have only ever trained and purchased CAT's. What features of the SOF are you finding that make it better than the CAT? Also, I've only applied a CAT to two or three people in real life, so my experience is very limited.
    CATs and SOFTT variants are GTG, both effective. Variations of each have attributes that can make some aspects of use easier or harder in some eyes. I try not to say that one is "better" than another, just that I have preferences.

Trying to dilute a long discussion best had when gear is in hands... I prefer the SOFTT-W and latest SOF especially for its lack of velcro, few plastics, and ability to be used repetitively in training. Not all factors affect all users, and quirks have mitigations. The CAT has always had quick slip buckles that were easy to pass slack through, which is why many found them "easier" to use, esp in complex applications. The earlier SOFTT-W had a tougher and more slip resistant strap, and coupled with the earlier buckle it was a little less user friendly. That could be trained through. The latest SOF design has a softer, high-slip strap in an easy-feed buckle along with a catch to trap the windlass while you set the tri ring. Any gap in ease of use between CAT and SOF is pretty well closed. Longevity still favors the SOF, but isn't a factor for all.

TMS and NAR are all good folks, good gear, and the relationship is more collegial than most think.

Hope that helps.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Thanks gents, what a cool time to be alive and amongst this new tech and gear. When I first got started with all of this in 08, we were taught to use a belt and ten tentpoles as a TQ and apply only with the knowledge that they would essentially lose the limb. My how far things have come in such a short time.