Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Federal 30 Super Carry

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Federal 30 Super Carry

https://www.federalpremium.com/30supercarry.html

Federal has a new cartridge out called the 30 Super Carry. 30 caliber, 100 grain bullet, shot at 1150-1200 FPS. Holds 2 extra rounds per mag over a 9mm with less recoil.

I'm not viewing this as a 9mm replacement but i think it would be a great 380 replacement for sub compact guns.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    I been researching this round. I see the benefit over 380 in a micro pistol. But I was hoping for 762x25 ballistics in a full size duty pistol for woods work.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    https://www.federalpremium.com/30supercarry.html

Federal has a new cartridge out called the 30 Super Carry. 30 caliber, 100 grain bullet, shot at 1150-1200 FPS. Holds 2 extra rounds per mag over a 9mm with less recoil.

I'm not viewing this as a 9mm replacement but i think it would be a great 380 replacement for sub compact guns.
    Already seen some ads for it online. No doubt they have gotten some gun manufacturers on board for production. I see two listed already.

Seems like a +p .380 to me, which "on paper" is not a bad thing. If it has the reliability of a 9mm as to penetration and expansion, and added capacity of .380, and or smaller pistols with superior terminal ballistics than .380, then it has potential to be a winner in my view. Cost and availability will be a big factor there as to any interests too.

Friends don't let friends CCW .380...
    Last edited by WillBrink; 01-06-22 at 11:20.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    It's like a really juiced 32 ACP.

Wonder what the price point will be? With ammo so expensive will it be able to get a foothold in the market? IDK.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    When pistol calibers only punch holes and nothing more, going smaller isn't a good idea IMO. Would be interested in knowing the expanded size though...

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I'll be sticking with the 121 year old cartridge.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The HST expands to .530" vs .570" for 9mm through heavy clothing, so very close.

Who knows. Perhaps this will make a nice PDW round.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    When pistol calibers only punch holes and nothing more, going smaller isn't a good idea IMO. Would be interested in knowing the expanded size though...
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    Since S&W has picked it up with their Shield Plus and Shield EZ and the fact that their newest development has just been made public in the last few day, if this cartridge sticks around I imagine we will see a CSX in this caliber before too long…
    Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    It's like a really juiced 32 ACP.

Wonder what the price point will be? With ammo so expensive will it be able to get a foothold in the market? IDK.
    It's 100g vs 99g for .380, so heavier than .380, so larger than any 32 ACP.

Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    All covered at link supplied in OP...
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The 50kpsi pressure is interesting. A quad-stack magazine would be less of a brick than the Surefire 60.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast