Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Federal 30 Super Carry

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    The 50kpsi pressure is interesting. A quad-stack magazine would be less of a brick than the Surefire 60.
    Where you seeing that it runs a 50k? That's pretty high for a straight wall pistol cartridge.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Where you seeing that it runs a 50k? That's pretty high for a straight wall pistol cartridge.
    .327 Fed is pretty obnoxious at 45k from the 100 gr Gold Dots @1350 fps from a 2-inch LCR.

50k is from a .313 in bore is going to be extremely loud.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    .327 Fed is pretty obnoxious at 45k from the 100 gr Gold Dots @1350 fps from a 2-inch LCR.

50k is from a .313 in bore is going to be extremely loud.
    45k for the .327 Fed, didn't know they ran that high. That's getting up there in rifle territory.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    https://gununiversity.com/30-super-carry/

30 Super Carry Specs

Bullet Diameter 8mm / .313″
    Bullet Weights 100-115 gr
    Muzzle Velocity 1250 fps
    Muzzle Energy 347 ft/lbs
    Cartridge Length 1.169″
    Case Length 0.827″
    Base Diameter 0.345″
    Max Pressure 50,000 psi
    I should have read further as those specs are "unconfirmed" so who knows. They were borrowed from https://eb-misfit.blogspot.com/2022/...per-carry.html

Last edited by Disciple; 01-06-22 at 15:43.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    No thanks. With pistol like the P365 that hold so much 9mm while being so small I see no point at all for this. It will flop

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    No thanks. With pistol like the P365 that hold so much 9mm while being so small I see no point at all for this. It will flop
    Or, you end up with .380 sized pistols with close to 9mm terminal ballistics. I usually feel these are answers in search of a problem, but this one I think may have potential to fill a use. Never been willing to CCW anything less than 9mm due to terminal ballistics, but a .380 sized pistol with 9mm like terminal ballistics could be a winner. As I'm not an early adopter of any tech, much less something that may save my life, I will sit back and let the shiny new toy beta testers of the world play with it for a while.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Or, you end up with .380 sized pistols with close to 9mm terminal ballistics. I usually feel these are answers in search of a problem, but this one I think may have potential to fill a use. Never been willing to CCW anything less than 9mm due to terminal ballistics, but a .380 sized pistol with 9mm like terminal ballistics could be a winner. As I'm not an early adopter of any tech, much less something that may save my life, I will sit back and let the shiny new toy beta testers of the world play with it for a while.
    It might make a good pocket gun size that has the possibility of reliable expansion and penetration over .380

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    It might make a good pocket gun size that has the possibility of reliable expansion and penetration over .380
    Exactly, and that's obviously the intent of the rnd, and if true, win win. I want to see third party testing before I get too excited, but it has potential.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by robbins290 View Post
    I been researching this round. I see the benefit over 380 in a micro pistol. But I was hoping for 762x25 ballistics in a full size duty pistol for woods work.
    Looks closer to the 30 Luger ballistics.

At first glance I’m not a fan. It has less KE and expansion than a 9x19mm, and will undoubtedly cost more and be far less available. I also don’t think the gun frame sizes will be any smaller as it’s running higher pressures, maybe slightly thinner but why would a mfg tool up for such? (Unless demand really kicks off)

The only pro I can see is slightly higher magazine capacity and less recoil.
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 01-07-22 at 10:13.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    Gun owners always want innovation, but they poo-poo anything that isn’t 120 years old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast