Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Federal 30 Super Carry

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    Looks closer to the 30 Luger ballistics.

At first glance I’m not a fan. It has less KE and expansion than a 9x19mm, and will undoubtedly cost more and be far less available. I also don’t think the gun frame sizes will be any smaller as it’s running higher pressures, maybe slightly thinner but why would a mfg tool up for such? (Unless demand really kicks off)

The only pro I can see is slightly higher magazine capacity and less recoil.
    IF the pistol can be made into a true pocket gun (think Keltec P32 size or smaller) then I am completely on board and would use it for a backup gun while I carry my 9mm on my waist or a better than nothing gun for when I can't carry IWB or just want to be wreckless and going to get Chinese takeout so I don't want to holster up.

IF the pistol is the same size as a 9mm or not enough to pocket carry and it just holds 2rds more then completely count me out.
    Last edited by Stopsign32v; 01-07-22 at 10:35.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    Gun owners always want innovation, but they poo-poo anything that isn’t 120 years old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What a worthless post

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/fe...0-super-carry/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGHxrE9HXBs

12 round capacity in a single stack 1911. 1911's aren't my thing but I know a lot of people like them so that isn't a bad thing...

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/blog/30-...new-cartridge/

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    Gun owners always want innovation, but they poo-poo anything that isn’t 120 years old.

I was just thinking the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    IF the pistol can be made into a true pocket gun (think Keltec P32 size or smaller) snip
    Unlikely. According to what Disciple posted, it is longer than .32ACP and operates at more than twice the pressure. Its overall length is exactly the same as the 9x19. Just like .327 Federal is an alternate chambering for guns that would otherwise be sold in .357M, this round will most likely end up in 9mm-sized, or nearly so, guns.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    People are hesitant to carry a Glock 43 because of the ammo capacity. This should give us 8 round flush fit mags and 10 round pinky extender mags. Sig P365 could have flush fit 12 round mags and the XL would be at 14 or maybe even 15.

I dont think it would be a good replacement for 9mm duty size guns but the really small guns could use less recoil and more ammo.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    People are hesitant to carry a Glock 43 because of the ammo capacity. This should give us 8 round flush fit mags and 10 round pinky extender mags. Sig P365 could have flush fit 12 round mags and the XL would be at 14 or maybe even 15.

I dont think it would be a good replacement for 9mm duty size guns but the really small guns could use less recoil and more ammo.
    Yeah, the 43 would be a great candidate for this round. Although, Glock chose to engineer a whole new gun rather than give us factory +1 or +2 mags, so I don’t expect much further evolution of the 43. Maybe one of the million companies selling Glock accessories will make a good conversion.

Speaking of the G43 and the P365, I can’t help but think this cartridge might be a few years late to really thrive. If it had been around prior to the current crop of 10+ round micro nines, it might have gotten a better toehold, like in a G43, Kahr, Nano, 1911, etc. But today, if I want 8 rounds in a G43, I can buy like 10 guns that do that, or better.

Also, Italy just dropped the ban on “military” calibers. This cartridge could have been a good alternative to 9x21, while also bringing the 92 up to modern capacity. Might still fit that niche in some markets, but I don’t know.

If PCCs become a thing, I can see a 8mm Rex rifle can in my future.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yea after more looking into it and thinking about it this is destine to fail before setting sail IMO. This is basically the 40 S&W release of today, an answer to a non issue. Only difference is the 40 S&W came along when the gun community was a little less knowledgeable than today. This will be a massive flop IMO.

I'd rather see someone do something innovative and release some 50 caliber pistols. Maybe a 50 GAP round or something like that but call it the 50 ACP. Or maybe something in between such as a 47/48cal.

People would jump all over a fiddy IMO.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    What a worthless post
    Thank you for taking the time out of your day to say something off the topic.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post

Unlikely. According to what Disciple posted, it is longer than .32ACP and operates at more than twice the pressure. Its overall length is exactly the same as the 9x19. Just like .327 Federal is an alternate chambering for guns that would otherwise be sold in .357M, this round will most likely end up in 9mm-sized, or nearly so, guns.
    I would expect .380 sized guns with a rnd offering close to 9mm terminal ballistics and or 9mm sized guns with a higher capacity than 9mm.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    At first glance I’m not a fan. It has less KE and expansion than a 9x19mm, and will undoubtedly cost more and be far less available. I also don’t think the gun frame sizes will be any smaller as it’s running higher pressures, maybe slightly thinner but why would a mfg tool up for such? (Unless demand really kicks off)

The only pro I can see is slightly higher magazine capacity and less recoil.
    This. The S&W shield (to me) is a true pocket gun... even with the extended mag I can put the gun with holster in my pocket.

There are so many good compact 9mm options, I can't see any logic in a weak caliber. Gun owners are often enamored with small/compact options even when they make no sense... I mean that IS the entire .380 shooter community. How anyone could carry that pathetic round and feel "armed" escapes me.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast