Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Federal 30 Super Carry

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    .380 shouldn’t be replaced. It should fade into the dustbin of history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why should it fade away? It is quite effective at very close distances.

I’m willing to bet that you would not like getting a couple of rounds in your gut and one in your face. You would either die or at least change your mind about what you were doing before getting shot.

While I totally respect your decision not to carry one, I find them handy in certain situations and would hate not having the option.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KUSA View Post

I’m willing to bet that you would not like getting a couple of rounds in your gut and one in your face. You would either die or at least change your mind about what you were doing before getting shot.

While I totally respect your decision not to carry one, I find them handy in certain situations and would hate not having the option.
    Nobody wants shot with anything but working trauma, it’s a pretty “meh” round. Even saw somebody survive one to the heart from one.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KUSA View Post

According to who? Not those those who research/test terminal ballistics for a living, that's for sure. .380 bullet designs seem to be improving, but the advice to carry FMJ due poor expansion/penetration of JHP still stands far as I know. As all handgun loads in common duty loads are poor man stoppers, it behooves one to at least carry those considered acceptable by SME's on the topic for SD/Duty. Better than throwing rocks? Sure, but that's not the topic/issue really.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 01-10-22 at 17:18.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Nobody wants shot with anything but working trauma, it’s a pretty “meh” round. Even saw somebody survive one to the heart from one.

Doesn't mean the bullet did not have the desired effect.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Doesn't mean the bullet did not have the desired effect.
    It didn’t…

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I got into a debate with a coroner once who recommend .25 ACP because he saw so many dead people who'd been shot with 25 ACP being the gun of choice by gang bangers and such in his area. Of course he didn't understand the difference between death and stopping the threat, and if the dead person had killed anyone in the exchange and bled out a mile down the the road...
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    It didn’t…

Was the person shot in a fight and did being shot remove him from that fight?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Was the person shot in a fight and did being shot remove him from that fight?
    Nobody was removed from said fight.

Feedback Score

What is your background with regard to working trauma?

Not a loaded question so don’t take it as such. I’m just interested and sure others would be too… as well as knowing would also lend some weight and credibility to your post(s).
    Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till.

Feedback Score

There are people that have been peppered with 9mm and survive.

I’m not going in a war zone with a 380. I just want something to give me an edge in getting out of a situation. Actually, I wouldn’t go in a war zone with a pistol anyway. I’d bring a rifle.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast