Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Federal 30 Super Carry

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    The problem with anecdotes is that this has also occurred with an off-duty female cop that was ambushed at her home (driveway) and shot in the heart with a .357 Magnum, perforating at least one ventricle (I don’t remember which or both), and more or less destroying the apex of her heart. She returned fire and prevailed in the fight. Coded multiple times, but survived. I don’t think anyone would use such an anecdote to demonstrate that .357M is inadequate…. would we?

In case someone would like to take this the wrong way, I’m not endorsing carrying .380, even though I sometimes do, on the “its better than harsh language” logic. My own anecdotes out-of-hospital have been rather unimpressive, even for a pistol round. Also, many of the .380 guns don’t make as much sense today except as collector’s pieces, in comparison to 9mm carry gats.
    Loved that story when I first saw it presented in a street survival training. She had a strong will for live and fight a true warrior. She used her 9mm if I remember correctly
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    Super light but haven’t weighed it honestly

Answering Rons question on the weight of a Ruger Max 380
    Thanks.

I estimate about 17-19 oz.

Feedback Score

Federal 30 Super Carry

Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    The problem with anecdotes is that this has also occurred with an off-duty female cop that was ambushed at her home (driveway) and shot in the heart with a .357 Magnum, perforating at least one ventricle (I don’t remember which or both), and more or less destroying the apex of her heart. She returned fire and prevailed in the fight. Coded multiple times, but survived. I don’t think anyone would use such an anecdote to demonstrate that .357M is inadequate…. would we?

In case someone would like to take this the wrong way, I’m not endorsing carrying .380, even though I sometimes do, on the “its better than harsh language” logic. My own anecdotes out-of-hospital have been rather unimpressive, even for a pistol round. Also, many of the .380 guns don’t make as much sense today except as collector’s pieces, in comparison to 9mm carry gats.
    I have heard that story and absolutely get it, .380 is better than harsh words. But we also have options other than the known marginal performer. It’s a rare situation which something like a P365 is so large it can’t be carried, and most all is here have the ability to take more gun if we so choose.

The reality being, we are unlikely to be in a shooting as civilians. But if we do, it’s a matter of life or death. Stack odds in your favor, I say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mRad; 01-11-22 at 15:21.

Feedback Score
    This new cartridge is longer than a .380 but thinner. Unless they can shoehorn it into .380-sized pistols I just don't see it taking off or replacing the .380. Putting it into a 9mm-sized pistol? Why?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    This new cartridge is longer than a .380 but thinner. Unless they can shoehorn it into .380-sized pistols I just don't see it taking off or replacing the .380. Putting it into a 9mm-sized pistol? Why?
    Two more rounds.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    Two more rounds.
    Yeah but a .22LR can hold even more than that. See where that argument can go?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Yeah but a .22LR can hold even more than that. See where that argument can go?
    Absolutely, I see where it CAN go, but is that the case here? I’m not so sure.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    https://www.federalpremium.com/30supercarry.html

Federal has a new cartridge out called the 30 Super Carry. 30 caliber, 100 grain bullet, shot at 1150-1200 FPS. Holds 2 extra rounds per mag over a 9mm with less recoil.

I'm not viewing this as a 9mm replacement but i think it would be a great 380 replacement for sub compact guns.
    Again a new caliber that is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.
    9mm with a 100 grain bullet will have as little recoil & a lot more velocity.
    Is another round (in the S&W Shield) of a weaker cartige a fair trade, I don't think so.
    Your right a good replacement for .380 if gun makers are willing to stuff it into a LCP size & weight pistol.
    I'd definitely be interested.
    Last edited by JoeBobJoe; 01-11-22 at 17:37.
    God, Family, Freedom.

Feedback Score
    Here is something I haven't seen mentioned:

If .30SC uses .312 bullets then we'll see it chambered in guns already chambered in .327 Fed Mag using moon clips!

Just something I could see happening.

Feedback Score
    Guys….enough with the presumptions and hope this is going to be able to work in an LCP sized and weight pistol.

Physics says NO

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast