Thread: Will the Army CFT be Adopted?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ffhounddog View Post
    All I know is I passed the new ACFT and I actually ran a faster two mile time than I did before. Scored a 488 due to only wanting to do the min on leg tucks because the 5 event exercise made me winded maxed that. I am 43 years old started in (BDUs and DCUs)and beat out young kids that look better than me in uniform I guess because I still have some love handles and my back hurts from combat. Battalion Commander female failed the ACFT two mile run and Kettle ball throw and she is Active Duty I am National Guard. She is also a young LTC below the zone promoted twice. I am a passed over 3 times Major waiting on my 20 years to retire. One more to go. 7 deployments I am good. If we deployed due to combat skills I would not allow her on the front line.
    I’m right there with you. I’m a 42, 17 years into active duty SNCO. I could’ve done more on the deadlift but didn’t for similar reasons as you. Overall still, I scored a 512 on it but that was not a good run for me at all, I’m usually “one of those gazelles” on the 2 miler with usual 13:00 and below, even at 42. I scored pretty high on everything else but the run.

There were 4 females and 3 males(total), taking it and I believe all the females and 1 male did the plank.
    Last edited by ap1220; 01-09-22 at 17:43.
    "Warriors"

Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets. Nine are the real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they make the battle. Ah, but the one...one is a Warrior, and he will bring all the others back.

-Heraclitis