Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smith and Wesson CSX

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Smith and Wesson CSX

A new compact 9 from Smith. Aluminum frame 10+1, 12+1 and fully ambi, cocked and locked. It looks like a nice CCW gun if you want a Smith but not a Shield.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/product/csx?sku=12615

Feedback Score
    It’s kind of got that ‘old-school’ vibe going for it, but with ‘new-school’ tech and materials. I don’t think it will do anything any better than the striker-fired guns already out that are dominating the ccw market, but I do think that it offers up something for folks that are looking for a concealed carry gun and want something different. I’d carry it, as long as it proved itself reliable in my hands.
    Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My wife and I like the full ambi feature since I'm left handed and my wife is truly ambi, writing right handed but shooting left. The thing I don't like about the Shield is that you can't roll the mag release to the left.

Feedback Score
    I actually really like that it has an extra Mag release so you can take the R-hand Mag release out and switch it for the L-hand Mag release instead of just reversing the one already in the gun.

I think these will do well. Hopefully all the bugs have been worked out.
    Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till.

Feedback Score
    I'm sure someone will like it, but it's probably not for me due to the SAO action. I would really like to see something in that size with DA/SA, though. It's nice to see a market for compact metal hammer fired guns coming back.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Why would they put the dingus on the trigger if it's a hammer fired with a thumb safety?

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Why would they put the dingus on the trigger if it's a hammer fired with a thumb safety?
    It's a safety, so extra safe?

Feedback Score
    Believe that the "dingus" was invented primarily to be a drop safety. So, since people drop guns with either thumb safeties on or thumb safeties off, it is an extra safety for that second occurrence.

Bart Noir
    No! It is not called the .45 AARP!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I put my fingerprints on two yesterday. I wasn't impressed, mostly because of a heavy trigger on the two that were in the case. I mean like 7-8lbs maybe more, it was horrible to the point of I wouldn't own it. I watched a guy flip the safety on and off several times trying to pull the trigger with the safety on and off, it was that heavy.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    A new compact 9 from Smith. Aluminum frame 10+1, 12+1 and fully ambi, cocked and locked. It looks like a nice CCW gun if you want a Smith but not a Shield.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/product/csx?sku=12615
    I think it looks like a cool concept I carried 1911s for many years and like cocked and locked carry. Not sure if I will swap from my Glock 48 yet though. To the DA SA comment. I understand people like different things but to me that system is dead. A solution looking for a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast