Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Had An Unexpected Bump Fire At the Range Today

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Not the end of the world -- if it's just tolerance-stacking, Glock factory parts may just fix it.

Same as if you'd cloned anyone else's design.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    If it was just a fun project, you have had your fun and that is cool. Also you learned some shit along the way, which is also cool. Take your next step and drop in Glock parts and enjoy that learning, its all good.

Enjoy your project and keep that 17/19 handy.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 01-08-22 at 16:53.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    If it was just a fun project, you have had your fun and that is cool. Also you learned some shit along the way, which is also cool. Take your next step and drop in Glock parts and enjoy that learning, its all good.

Enjoy your project and keep that 17/19 handy.

PB
    Brought it over to my LGS this afternoon and had them give it a look. They suggested replacing the LW connector with a Glock one, so we did. Going to bring it back to the range tomorrow and see if the problem is corrected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Took it to the range today. Put 200 rounds same ammo through it alternating between slow firing and rapid (as one can be at a public range) firing. Happy to report no malfunctions and more importantly no bumpfire burst. Thanks for the input, lesson learned for the future here. Keep it simple stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Good to hear. If you can ignore the “shoulda bought a X” idiocy on gun forums you can really have some fun working with projects.

Tolerance stacking can be a real issue with guns with loose tolerances (which otherwise help reliability) just as much as a uptight 1911.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12