Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Taking a class with armor?

Feedback Score
    So update, went to a class about a month ago. And I wore plates through the whole thing, was the only one. Didn’t get tired from it, other than having to run through the mud for 200yds, but that’s more to me not running a lot. I did feel more comfortable with them on than without. Only time I took them off was during lunch, and to sight in from prone in the beginning. Next carbine I go to, I’ll wear them again. They’re ceramic lvl4s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    So update, went to a class about a month ago. And I wore plates through the whole thing, was the only one. Didn’t get tired from it, other than having to run through the mud for 200yds, but that’s more to me not running a lot. I did feel more comfortable with them on than without. Only time I took them off was during lunch, and to sight in from prone in the beginning. Next carbine I go to, I’ll wear them again. They’re ceramic lvl4s

Thanks for sharing your experience. What kind of class was this?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    If you feel you NEED to wear Level 4 armor because of the proficiency of others in your class I submit you probably need to find a different instructor.
    LOL, that ain't no lie.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cips View Post
    Thanks for sharing your experience. What kind of class was this?
    Carbine class, it was a more basic than I was expecting. But it was ok

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    Carbine class, it was a more basic than I was expecting. But it was ok

You went to learn. You learned what needs work because you challenged yourself. Otherwise you may have walked away disgruntled from what turned out to be a carbine 101 class. Start some light jogs in your rig.

I wear a 24 pound carrier even in stationary steel challenge type matches. Someone else can dictate my load out if they pay my way. I'm going to get what I want from a match if it's my training nickel while enjoying having a few square inches of safety.

As for "feeling the need for armor". Armor is PPE. Same as eye and ear protection. Hearing protection minimizes cumulative damage. Eye pro and armor reduces the chance of instant damage.

Feedback Score
    I have used a simple chest rig and a zip up vest type for so.e classes. Just don't like loading up my belt

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Have it, do plan on wearing it - but also expect to do the majority of the class without it. Your goal is to learn, and wearing hot heavy extra junk is only going to be beneficial for the purpose of learning part of that time. Simple as that.

I basically quit after a couple of hours, but not after a fair bit of learning had occurred on how actually useful that particular admin pouch placement I was trying out with with high port retention, or that I needed to just accept a little more sling slack at all times.
    Last edited by TehLlama; 06-06-22 at 14:30.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123