Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: January 11th Aimpoint announcement

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    I wonder how many Americans have seen this doc...

I just watched this the other night, it's really good with great information on both sides.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    China is very much capable of producing high end products. The majority of what they peddle to the Western world is garbage because that's what vendors and the public at large are more than happy to accept. Even if Chinese goods are equal or greater than the alternative, supporting a communist shit hole like China is not a bright idea.
    From what I have seen US business people are more in to the made in China part than consumers since I don't recall ever seeing a consumer seeking a Chinese manufactured item like IS business does.

Used to be an air gun retailer in KY named Compasseco that advertised in Shotgun News. One month, SGN had a multi page article on Compasseco's quest to come up with an air rifle that was the equivalent of RWS. Compasseco went straight to China and the lengthy article detailed their years(plural and several) program culminating in an air rifle that according to the article had almost(but not quite) the accuracy, velocity, fit, and finish of an RWS. Didn't include the price, but a quick check on their site showed price was also almost that of an RWS. Found the time spent to not get what they claimed they wanted was interesting. I was working at a US company(different field) who also loved the whole made in China thing and was delighted to get their main item delivered from China for about 80% of the US made cost except most of the Chinese ones didn't work and somewhere lost in translation they failed to get a guarantee but that loss was acceptable. Very interesting the unconditional love many US businesses have for the PRC.

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=Mysteryman;3006014]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post

As already answered, it was part of the requirement for the US Army contract.

For the third or fourth time, the footprint is the same as the T and H series. Yes, it will use the same mounts.

China is very much capable of producing high end products. The majority of what they peddle to the Western world is garbage because that's what vendors and the public at large are more than happy to accept. Even if Chinese goods are equal or greater than the alternative, supporting a communist shit hole like China is not a bright idea.

100% correct!
    I avoid chinese products as much as possible!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Very interesting the unconditional love many US businesses have for the PRC.
    1) Some large part of US corporate management has a pathological hatred of workers having ANY power at all, like they did in the 60's and 70's here, and much more recently (maybe still do) in the German-speaking parts of Europe.

2) Some part of human psychology, at least in the west, is almost pathological for seeking a cheaper "as good as" option. We used to discuss it here in the context of M4 clones. This seems to afflict corporate manager/procurement types worse than most.

3) The bizarre global banking system and roundabout way that the value of the US dollar is propped up creates trade imbalances between the US and everyone else that have to be re-balanced. I'm not a Ph.D. economist (thank God) but I imagine that the push for outsourcing all US production to Asia is related to this also.

Feedback Score
    Lust for cheap or free labor brought about slavery... and not just the American version.

Then it lead to this outsourcing disaster.

Next we're going to become slaves again.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A couple height comparisons.

First is a Comp M4S with Bobro mount that sets Troy rear and F front sight base at a lower 1/3.

The DRDS is not as bright on maximum compared to the 4S. It is more like Setting 9 on the M4S.

Also, each adjustment step in brightness is two clicks on the knob on the M4.

And here's my Deltapoint Pro on the Leupold mount. Also sets the optic at lower 1/3.

As with the Comp, the height is essentially the same. Note the photo looking through the DP at the DRDS.

Brightness on max is pretty darned close on these two.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here's a T-1 and LaRue LT660 compared the Duty RDS and factory mount. Note the LT660's marginally taller profile.

When comparing the factory Aimpoint mount to the LaRue, it looks like the LT660 is right at half an inch taller. So if we're saying lower ⅓ co-witness with the 660 and T-1 sets the center of the optic at about 1.65" above the rail we'll be at about 2.15" for the DRDS if used with the LT660. Give or take .10" since I'm just eyeballing it.

Last edited by Tokarev; 01-23-22 at 12:15.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    1) Some large part of US corporate management has a pathological hatred of workers
    An example(somewhat surprised by it actually) of that is currently in the news.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...26#post3006626

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    I'm cool with it.

An affordable option from Aimpoint is a good thing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Is it supposed to be?

If they could make a lightweight LVPO with 4x or 5x AR the top end combined with an Aimpoint bright dot they might be on to something.

I have thought this for awhile. Why not a 1-6 capped turret with their battery life and a red dot? If they wanted to be real innovative figure out how to do it in ffp, and adjust the dot and reticle separately, where you can have a 25yd zero on the dot and whatever zero you want on the reticle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast