Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: January 11th Aimpoint announcement

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    I wonder how many Americans have seen this doc...

It’ a remake of Gungho!, right?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9EBnUERX_cU
    Last edited by MistWolf; 01-24-22 at 11:10.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    I have thought this for awhile. Why not a 1-6 capped turret with their battery life and a red dot? If they wanted to be real innovative figure out how to do it in ffp, and adjust the dot and reticle separately, where you can have a 25yd zero on the dot and whatever zero you want on the reticle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Probably because it would cost $4k, and to get that sort of battery life the glass would have a prohibitive tint to it and nobody would want it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    Probably because it would cost $4k, and to get that sort of battery life the glass would have a prohibitive tint to it and nobody would want it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think there is room there. Something like an elcan with 1-6 with the flip of a switch in the $2k category with just a dot. Keep it under 15oz without a mount and they may be on to something.
    nawai

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMiller View Post
    I'm cool with it.

An affordable option from Aimpoint is a good thing.
    If it's anything like the Aimpoint PRO or CCO, forget it. Their budget 30mm sights we're too much of a step down In my experience. I dumped my PRO very shortly after buying it. And I see other guys bring theirs out and the batteries are usually dead... they're on guns that don't get regular use... every 6 months or so.

I know people will swear by the budget sights, but I had both a C3 and a PRO and could tell the difference.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Found this on TOS.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Found this on TOS.

Good info. So basically the RDS bumps up one notch in height compared to the T1/T2.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    That's a lot of SCALERWORKS beauty.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Found this on TOS.

Well well well, looks like I don't need to sell the 1.93" Scalarworks mount to buy another Unity. The Duty RDS with the 1.93 will be perfect.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    IF/when my Comp M2 from 01' craps out I'll give this a look. I think I've changed the battery twice in my life. LOL (OIF1-3, patrol 16yrs, hog hunting the whole time)
    KISS

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    If it's anything like the Aimpoint PRO or CCO, forget it. Their budget 30mm sights we're too much of a step down In my experience. I dumped my PRO very shortly after buying it. And I see other guys bring theirs out and the batteries are usually dead... they're on guns that don't get regular use... every 6 months or so.

I know people will swear by the budget sights, but I had both a C3 and a PRO and could tell the difference.
    I’ve had nothing but positive experience with the used PROs I’ve owned. Good battery life. I only sold them due to my growing collection of other optics. Ironically, I’ve had mixed experiences with the ring mount Comp Ms, because they were old, and apparently Mk46s are hard on things.

Bummer that yours didn’t work out.

Found this on TOS.

Thanks. This new one looks to be similar height to a Comp M5s.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112