Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: January 11th Aimpoint announcement

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    Why did Beratta move manufacturing to Accokeek, MD?
    Beretta HAD to due to winning the M9 contract which required domestic manufacturing...

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I'm glad they are launching a new optic that isn't $800. Yes, they figured out Holosun etc are killing their market share with good optics. I hope they take T1'2' mounts, if so I will buy one eventually.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    Aimpoint production is at full capacity with numerous contracts spanning across Europe.

It's true that red dot technology is 45 years old but because they invented it, they've also perfected it. Anything Aimpoint does, other companies copy.
    This sounds like the kool aid that is being said in the Aimpoint boardroom. The US military, US government, and LE will all love to buy their optics from Sig once they can compete.
    nawai

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    This sounds like the kool aid that is being said in the Aimpoint boardroom. The US military, US government, and LE will all love to buy their optics from Sig once they can compete.
    Ah right. Sig Optics is clearly the class leader for anything from rebadged Holosun to ... rebadged Holosuns.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    I think Holosun's are overpriced based on a number of reasons already discussed.

To be honest though, I feel like most things in the gun industry are overpriced, but some are worth it.

I have some experience in manufacturing and have seen cost analysis numbers between a part machined and finished in the US vs China and it's probably a bigger gap than most realize. The fact that some chicom products are 75% the retail cost of ones produced in first world countries where they don't employ slaves is a bit sickening but it's what Americans have come to know and love.
    Seen a few things where Chinese quality is at or near US or European levels and the price is as well.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    [QUOTE=Pikey;3005940]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    For starters, why would Aimpoint kill jobs in their native country, that makes no sense. The sales of Aimpoint products worldwide isn't slowing down anytime soon. No need to move shop to the US, lower their margins just to please some whiney Americans. Your last sentence is exactly why Aimpoint products command the prices they do. SIMPLE is the genesis of perfection. Complicated doesn't mean better.

Why did Beratta move manufacturing to Accokeek, MD? Did that cripple the Italian manufacturing? I’m not trying to come across as whiny or trying to knock Aimpoint they’re definitely the gold standard that a lot of people are willing to pay for, nothing wrong with that. IMO I think that they could of lowered their prices a long time ago and still produced a quality product.
    As already answered, it was part of the requirement for the US Army contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I'm glad they are launching a new optic that isn't $800. Yes, they figured out Holosun etc are killing their market share with good optics. I hope they take T1'2' mounts, if so I will buy one eventually.

PB
    For the third or fourth time, the footprint is the same as the T and H series. Yes, it will use the same mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Seen a few things where Chinese quality is at or near US or European levels and the price is as well.
    China is very much capable of producing high end products. The majority of what they peddle to the Western world is garbage because that's what vendors and the public at large are more than happy to accept. Even if Chinese goods are equal or greater than the alternative, supporting a communist shit hole like China is not a bright idea.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    [QUOTE=Mysteryman;3006014]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post

As already answered, it was part of the requirement for the US Army contract.

For the third or fourth time, the footprint is the same as the T and H series. Yes, it will use the same mounts.

China is very much capable of producing high end products. The majority of what they peddle to the Western world is garbage because that's what vendors and the public at large are more than happy to accept. Even if Chinese goods are equal or greater than the alternative, supporting a communist shit hole like China is not a bright idea.
    Did you know that the vast majority of ball point pens are completely made in china except for one part. Know what that part is? The ball. They can’t refine their production enough and have to outsource that crucial part to Europe.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    I wonder how many Americans have seen this doc...

Feedback Score
    Beretta HAD to due to winning the M9 contract which required domestic manufacturing...
    Exactly and if I had to guess the American military is the largest buyer of Aimpoints? Sig moved manufacturing to America, H&K did the same. Aimpoint could do it and not only lower the cost but also still make money. Trijicon has made their RMO in America same with the Vortex AMG uh-1. Both priced competitively. Aimpoint already has a superior design no need for r&d just build it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ah right. Sig Optics is clearly the class leader for anything from rebadged Holosun to ... rebadged Holosuns.
    I must add that not all of SIG's optics are made in china. The Romeo 4T that I recently got is clearly marked assembled in USA. Pretty sure some parts/components are sourced from Japan or Europe. That doesn't bother me, made in china does and I avoid that were possible.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast