Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: January 11th Aimpoint announcement

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    IMHO, they have been losing some market share to Holosun, Sig Optics, Primary Arms, Vortex, etc for some time now, mainly because of their price point. This seems to be a marginally improved product with a little lower price point to compete with the competition. Every so often capture peoples believing with something new and rinse and repeat. I personally would have liked to have seen something with a * larger square viewing window * like the Holosun AEMS RDS. The Holosun AEMS (sight only) weight just .1 oz more than this new Aimpoint RDS.
    Last edited by Biggy; 01-11-22 at 13:16.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    I personally would have liked to seen something more with the overall size, larger square viewing window and weight of the Holosun AEMS RDS.
    Except the AEMS is literally an ACRO copy...

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post

The clear window viewing area on the Holosun AEM RDS is 1.1" x .87" inch and the new Aimpoint ACRO P-2's clear lens viewing area is just .59 X .59" inch, while the AEMS is made for AR's and other long guns while the Aimpoint ACRO series is *mainly* intended for pistol applications.
    Last edited by Biggy; 01-11-22 at 13:17.

Feedback Score
    Aimpoint ACRO series is mainly intended for pistol applications.
    Correct but ACRO carbine factory mounts have been available since day 1...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Correct but ACRO carbine factory mounts have been available since day 1...
    Yep. Great dual use optic.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    IMHO, they have been losing some market share to Holosun, Sig Optics, Primary Arms, Vortex, etc for some time now, mainly because of their price point. This seems to be a marginally improved product with a little lower price point to compete with the competition. Every so often capture peoples believing with something new and rinse and repeat. I personally would have liked to have seen something with a ** larger square viewing window ** like the Holosun AEMS RDS. The Holosun AEMS (sight only) weight just .1 oz more than this new Aimpoint RDS.
    Agreed. I love my Aimpoint Pro, it was my first "real" optic and it has seen more rounds than almost any other optic I have, but in a world a wash with decent Red Dots, this is just another drop in the bucket. I would buy a T2 or a CompM5 if I really needed a duty ready optic if I was a LEO or Military, but honestly I'm a civilian now and have moved into the LPVO/ Exps with Magnifier and haven't looked back. I'm sure it will be a great optic, but they have to innovate if they want their market share back.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    It's a completely different optic in itself. The AEMS is designed for carbines and sub guns, and you can't mount it on a handgun.

On topic, great job by Aimpoint here. This is a smart idea and shows they can adapt to market demands.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Anyone know the cost?

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    On topic, great job by Aimpoint here. This is a smart idea and shows they can adapt to market demands.
    They will need to do way more than this. There is a world of hurt headed their way as other RDS catch up and as LVPO get lighter.
    nawai

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    To answer my own question Solder Systems is saying $499
    nawai

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    People have asked for a Pro priced micro red dot for years and Aimpoint brought it to market. Good for them. I'll buy one when they become available.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast