Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: January 11th Aimpoint announcement

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    If it wasn’t for my astigmatism…

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post

This would pretty much take the MRO off the market.
    That was my first thought, I can't imagine a reason to buy anything else that is out.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    If it wasn’t for my astigmatism…
    I went to absolute cowitness with a fixed front and rear sight... it helped me to take the tail off the dot

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Lost 20k hours in battery life, no solar or shake awake, is configured for absolute (meaning no option for lower 1/3?), and it doesn’t even take micro mounts?

Sadly I’m not at all surprised that it’s completely underwhelming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Kind of where I landed on this one…not really ground breaking or anything ‘new’.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Lost 20k hours in battery life, no solar or shake awake, is configured for absolute (meaning no option for lower 1/3?), and it doesn’t even take micro mounts?

Sadly I’m not at all surprised that it’s completely underwhelming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    Kind of where I landed on this one…not really ground breaking or anything ‘new’.
    Is it supposed to be?

If Aimpoint wanted to launch a "new" product they'd probably need to come out with some type of scope. Something to essentially replace the aging add-on magnification options.

If they could make a lightweight LVPO with 4x or 5x AR the top end combined with an Aimpoint bright dot they might be on to something.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    and it doesn’t even take micro mounts?
    It takes micro mounts but it will sit higher.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Didn’t say it was “supposed to be” but I personally don’t find it filling anything that is missing in the segment. Just my opinion.

That said, if AP came out with some sort of a prism with some BDC and true 1X-4X magnification, that would interest me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Is it supposed to be?

If Aimpoint wanted to launch a "new" product they'd probably need to come out with some type of scope. Something to essentially replace the aging add-on magnification options.

If they could make a lightweight LVPO with 4x or 5x AR the top end combined with an Aimpoint bright dot they might be on to something.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pag23 View Post
    Interesting...why didn't they make the front cover transparent?
    If you shoot with both eyes open you don't need front cover transparent... they even explained it in the video...

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I'd have been disappointed if they used solar and shake awake and probably wouldn't have bought one. The usability of the solar panel on Holosuns is an absolute joke and an unreliable shake awake is why I ditched the last one I had. I'm also not worried about the 30,000 vs 50,000 hr battery life since I change batteries annually.

It does take micro mounts, it just sits a little higher, which is fine, I like high red dots. One of these on something like a Scalarworks or Reptilia 1.93 would be the cat's pajamas. It would probably be close to Unity height. I'm told street price will be around $440-450, which is basically in Pro pricing territory.
    Last edited by Five_Point_Five_Six; 01-12-22 at 09:37.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast