Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: HK P2000SK LEM 9mm

Feedback Score
    Really liking and carrying my P30SK V1.

I'm fine with the 13 rd mags. More coming and a 20 rd to test out.

If this gun was available in .40 it would have been a tough decision. I'm not impressed by short-barrel 9x19 terminal ballistic testing. (3.27 in I think)

Currently loaded with Hornady XTP 124 gr +p. Ran some over the chronograph. Averaged about 1050 fps. 125 fps more than Remington 125 gr sjhp +p from my King Cobra 3 in. Meh.

Love the pistol though.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt Carson View Post
    Had? What was good enough to take it’s place?
    P30SK with Lite LEM

Now I have been moving toward all of my HKs having the same MOA with safeties. USP45 Elite, USP45 Expert, HK45, HK45C, P30S, P30SKS....all can be carried cocked-and-locked or traditional DA/SA.

Things evolve.

Feedback Score
    I was curious how the Federal HST 124gr (not +P) would perform from the short P2000sk barrel. It’s not ballistic gel, but I just wanted to see what would happen with water. I shot from 8 feet through 4 layers of nomex cloth, through a gallon jug of water, and caught in loose cloth on the far side. Perfect expansion. 794293C4-B286-4572-8CB2-F02208FBAE5D.jpeg

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Looks like perfect expansion. I use Speer 124gr Gold Dot +P in 9mm with a barrel under 3.6", and HST in everything longer.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Forgot to mention, the SGD 124+P averages around 1165 in P30SK.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt Carson View Post
    That was two lipped base pads held together by the clamp so they would turn out identical. I ended up making four total. The spring clamp also gave me something to hold as I formed the base pads. The modified base pads have a slightly rough finish where sanded, which is good to keep my little finger in place. Normally I’m not into modifying anything concerning my firearms, but I was just never happy with my pinky either above or below that lip. Also, I didn’t like dropping my pinky off the grip with the non-lipped base pad.
    Took mine over to my buddy's shop today and had him do it (he is a gunsmith and has an eye for it). Looks great and feels awesome in the hand! Thanks for the advice.

Taped the mags off and hit the baseplates with a light coat of semi-gloss black, which once it dried is a perfect match.

Like you said, with the lip on there I had a choice of cramming my fingers up into the trigger guard or putting the pinky below it. This is MUCH better ergonomically.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 02-05-22 at 18:16.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Took mine over to my buddy's shop today and had him do it (he is a gunsmith and has an eye for it). Looks great and feels awesome in the hand! Thanks for the advice.

Taped the mags off and hit the baseplates with a light coat of semi-gloss black, which once it dried is a perfect match.

Like you said, with the lip on there I had a choice of cramming my fingers up into the trigger guard or putting the pinky below it. This is MUCH better ergonomically.
    Glad it worked for you! As I said, I normally don’t go grinding on stuff, but as cheap as base pads are I decided to give it a try.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234