Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HK P2000SK LEM 9mm

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I had the P2sk in .40 with the light LEM configuration. Very nice shooting gun for that size and caliber, although I suspect 9mm would be better. I bought mine used, so it wasn't really a choice for me. I ended up selling it a few years ago, as I never carried it anymore, but I'd gladly own one just for the sake of it I guess.

Feedback Score
    I have a G43X with Shield Arms mags, and while the G43X is taller than the P2000SK it is also lighter and thinner.....not to mention the 15rd capacity of the SA mags. Yes, the HK is more of a Mercedes than it is a Mazda, but it is a little chunk. Comparable to a G26 size-wise, but IMHO feels a little better in the hand than the 26. Built like a tank.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I own the P30 and P30SK with Light LEM's and are great guns. I did have a reset screw installed on my triggers to limit reset which is sweet. Go for it, buy one, if you have not already. Didn't read entire thread.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 01-30-22 at 17:57.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I never really warmed up to my P2000sk until I modified the 10 round magazine base lip so I could get my pinky on the grip, then I loved it. I’m not interested in lengthening the grip with a bigger magazine, because then I could just carry a P2000. If I knew how to post a pic here from my phone, I could share the modification I made.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt Carson View Post
    . If I knew how to post a pic here from my phone, I could share the modification I made.
    It took me forever to figure this out. What I do is scroll to the bottom and click “full site”, then after that loads “reply”. In the little text bubble that opens there’s a bunch of little icons on top. Click the square one that looks like a picture of a tree. “From computer” should be highlighted. Click “choose file”, and then find the photo you want to upload. Then click “upload file” and wait for it to upload. Then you can submit your post.

You can also upload the image to a third party site and share the URL, but I’ve had poor success with that method.

Feedback Score
    Thanks @1168 for the info. I clamped two base pads together and used a belt sander clamped to a bench to remove the lip. 338EAAFB-8CED-40AB-90BD-E4124515602D.jpeg

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt Carson View Post
    Thanks @1168 for the info. I clamped two base pads together and used a belt sander clamped to a bench to remove the lip. 338EAAFB-8CED-40AB-90BD-E4124515602D.jpeg
    Damn, that looks good! Did you epoxy or glue the base pads together? Looks like you used a flat one and a finger-lipped one, right? Then sanded down the finger one?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Damn, that looks good! Did you epoxy or glue the base pads together? Looks like you used a flat one and a finger-lipped one, right? Then sanded down the finger one?
    That was two lipped base pads held together by the clamp so they would turn out identical. I ended up making four total. The spring clamp also gave me something to hold as I formed the base pads. The modified base pads have a slightly rough finish where sanded, which is good to keep my little finger in place. Normally I’m not into modifying anything concerning my firearms, but I was just never happy with my pinky either above or below that lip. Also, I didn’t like dropping my pinky off the grip with the non-lipped base pad.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I had one with a Lite LEM. Great carry gun.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch View Post
    I had one with a Lite LEM. Great carry gun.
    Had? What was good enough to take it’s place?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast