Thread: Midwest NV riser mount. Funny

Feedback Score

Midwest NV riser mount. Funny

Seen a lot of talk about the Unity mount and other tall risers for Aimpoint micro. Thought I'd give one a try. Ordered a Midwest NV height riser. Upon opening the box I noticed a small slip of paper reading in bold letters:

"*Midwest Industries is NOT responsible for optic or optic mount stripped screws"

Thought that was odd but whatever. Upon removing the mounting screws one screw was tough coming out. Easy to see why. Tried the good screw in the other side but it stopped immediately so the mount threads are bad and the mount is useless.

Pretty good warranty system... useless before ya get it and they notify ya upon opening the box that they aren't responsible. Funny.

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 01-10-22 at 13:51.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    That sucks, damn. By any chance, did you get in touch with a CS rep directly?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That note is to highligh the preceding sentence stating the torque value. Pretty sure it isn't there to deflect responsibility for shipping a damaged product. Regardless, you should have called them to discuss before posting this here as per forum rules.

I am assuming you didn't since you didn't state that you did call them.

They have a sub-forum here where you can ask questions as well.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 01-10-22 at 13:59.

Feedback Score
    I purchased it from Primary Arms and have sent a return form to them. It just arrived in the mail today so I would expect PA to exchange it without any fuss. They have a long reputation for being good to do business with.

That said... as far as I know PA might have sent me an item that had been previously returned by some dork who stripped it himself, stuffed the screw back in and never said anything about it. It seems unlikely that anyone from Midwest would dick it up prior to shipping to a vendor.

What I found ironically funny is that I cannot ever remember seeing a warranty expressed in such a manner in relation to stripped threads. Low and behold... stripped in the box. Funny. I suppose one might get the notion that MI is having problems with their product in the hands of customers, hence the bold lettering 'NOT responsible' love note.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    I purchased it from Primary Arms and have sent a return form to them. It just arrived in the mail today so I would expect PA to exchange it without any fuss. They have a long reputation for being good to do business with.

That said... as far as I know PA might have sent me an item that had been previously returned by some dork who stripped it himself, stuffed the screw back in and never said anything about it. It seems unlikely that anyone from Midwest would dick it up prior to shipping to a vendor.

What I found ironically funny is that I cannot ever remember seeing a warranty expressed in such a manner in relation to stripped threads. Low and behold... stripped in the box. Funny. I suppose one might get the notion that MI is having problems with their product in the hands of customers, hence the bold lettering 'NOT responsible' love note.
    Yep. I am pretty sure they will take good care of you. I've never personally had to exercise the warranty with MI.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Sounds like a customer return got resent out by mistake.

Feedback Score
    Primary Arms replaced the mount in a prompt and cheerful manner. Thank you Beatriz and Sandra for a smooth return process.

It's significantly taller than the LaRue LT660 (lower 1/3) by about about .625in as best I could measure. Changed zero from 50yds to 65yds to better accommodate the increase in sight above bore distance.

The two practical things I noticed is that I'm not fighting with my ear muffs and stock like I used to, and because my noggin is slightly rotated up it helps a little bit to keep my eyes from looking over my glasses. I know that's not high-speed low-drag stuff but it's my observations. Oh, and BUIS are still usable with a window in the mount right below the optic. I think it will stay on my rifle.

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 01-18-22 at 14:02.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Midwest NV riser mount. Funny

Glad you got it sorted. I have had really good luck with MI products, both rails and mounts.

They make a slim rail that feels so much better in my hand than any other rail.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Primary Arms replaced the mount in a prompt and cheerful manner. Thank you Beatriz and Sandra for a smooth return process.

It's significantly taller than the LaRue LT660 (lower 1/3) by about about .625in as best I could measure. Changed zero from 50yds to 65yds to better accommodate the increase in sight above bore distance.
    It does change your holds a fair bit but nothing that can't be overcome with some time on the range behind the new setup.

The two practical things I noticed is that I'm not fighting with my ear muffs and stock like I used to, and because my noggin is slightly rotated up it helps a little bit to keep my eyes from looking over my glasses. I know that's not high-speed low-drag stuff but it's my observations. Oh, and BUIS are still usable with a window in the mount right below the optic. I think it will stay on my rifle.
    In addition to having the ability to see over a laser aiming device, those you mentioned and the decreased neck and eye fatigue from prolonged shooting are the biggest benefits of using these tall risers. I suspect the more you use it, the more you're gonna like it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    It does change your holds a fair bit but nothing that can't be overcome with some time on the range behind the new setup.

In addition to having the ability to see over a laser aiming device, those you mentioned and the decreased neck and eye fatigue from prolonged shooting are the biggest benefits of using these tall risers. I suspect the more you use it, the more you're gonna like it.
    You're right.

Had the opportunity to spend a couple hours behind this riser. While the difference between the LT660 and NV height doesn't measure much on tape, it's surprising the difference in head/neck posture for me while still retaining a solid cheek weld. I'm sold on the taller riser.

Cheers.

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 01-26-22 at 10:42.