Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: .380 ACP isn’t so bad after all

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    I gotta say that I’m pretty confident if I was shot with only a lowly .22, I’d be on the ground howling and screeching like a pussy almost immediately!
    I had a high school buddy that pulled his “unloaded” 22 rifle off of his truck seat and the trigger snagged on something and bang. The bullet went into the left side of his belly and went the long way around (thankfully) to get lodged in his back. He told the friends with him to just take him home because he was scared of what his mom would say after being called from the hospital. Luckily by the time they got back into town he decided the hospital was the right call. So in this case of one….. being shot from a 22lr may still make you fear your mom finding out rather than fearing death.
    Last edited by 1_click_off; 01-12-22 at 18:36.

Feedback Score

.380 ACP isn’t so bad after all

At around 7:50 in this video, it shows the 65 grain defender. In the LCP it clocked at 1249 fps and went about 13 inches in.

https://youtu.be/6F5rPTHcrmg
    Last edited by KUSA; 01-12-22 at 19:13.

Feedback Score
    I ordered myself an HK P30SK V1 LEM in an attempt to dethrone the Beretta Cheetah I primarily carry.

I see I can get a dovetail plate to add an optic and then get a tall front sight if I like the gun enough.

The last gun I thought might replace the Cheetah was the Hellcat.
    The Hellcat bit my finger. I massaged the area and that has really helped. The Hellcat is a bit jumpy due to lack of surface to hold onto. This makes it a slower draw from a belt, too. (Just being so small) Too big for a pocket, too small for a belt.

The big shame is the Hellcat is not innaccurate and has been perfectly reliable. Well, except for last shot hold open. Because it's so small I end up pressing on the slide lock lever so it often fails to hold open on last shot.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
    Having worked in Detroit for 2 years, most of what I remember seeing in the ER was birdshot....
    I recently spoke to an acquaintance in europe that said the same thing. I found it interesting. In the out-of-hospital environment stateside, I’ve seen pistol wounds vs other firearms on a nearly exclusive basis, despite my entire quadrant of the US being chock full of long guns.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    .380 is great. I see all you "gunfighters" out there offering up your vast experiences on the efficacy of the round. Who knew? Women in particular will find the lesser recoil vs. 9mm in a small handgun quite attractive. I carry a 42 in my bustier.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by juliet9 View Post
    .380 is great. I see all you "gunfighters" out there offering up your vast experiences on the efficacy of the round. Who knew? Women in particular will find the lesser recoil vs. 9mm in a small handgun quite attractive. I carry a 42 in my bustier.
    How many people have you shot with the .380 to date?
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    On the contrary, perhaps you should be answering the question posed, as you have been the most critical of the diminutive .380 ACP. First hand experience capping perps I am certain is the source for your opinion.

Mine on the other hand, is from teaching women to shoot comfortably. A well placed .380 is far superior than a miss with anything else.

Feedback Score

An Alternative Look at “An Alternate Look at Handgun Stopping Power”

"The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." - Jeff Cooper

Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, don't give them a tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    On the contrary, perhaps you should be answering the question posed, as you have been the most critical of the diminutive .380 ACP. First hand experience capping perps I am certain is the source for your opinion.

Mine on the other hand, is from teaching women to shoot comfortably. A well placed .380 is far superior than a miss with anything else.
    I rest my case. You offered nothing but noise to the signal of this thread.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    .380 is great. I see all you "gunfighters" out there offering up your vast experiences on the efficacy of the round.
    I think the personal experience offered by most here has been as a first responder or medical provider, not a “gunfighter”. The experience I relayed was from my time as a stateside Paramedic and SWAT/SRT/TEMS Medic. In my time as a “gunfighter” (cringe; please don’t call me that…. I don’t work for BCM), there is no .380 experience to relay. I wonder why that might be?

As I’ve said before, I carry a 42 sometimes. Shot it under nods a couple nights ago, side by side with a J frame, even. Enjoy your 42, but be aware that you are carrying it because it is light, small, soft-recoiling, low-report and convenient, not because subsonic 80 and 90 gr bullets are optimal for incapacitating 2m tall bipeds.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast