Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: .380 ACP isn’t so bad after all

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I don't have the document any more, it was during the intifada so the number of shootings was fairly high like an average of maybe 4 a week something like that.

The .380 was dramatically worse than 9mm. Remember we are talking Israel, so the calibers that people had in order from highest to lowest 9mm, 380, 32 auto. None of the other calibers had enough people using them to really matter.

I will never forget the ultra orthodox guy that had move from NYC, that stopped a terrorist take over of a bus with a Star PD and 6 rounds of .45acp. He shot 1 terrorist and the others fled. They later car jacked a poor woman that was later murdered by the @$$holes, when they cam on a road block we had set up. But no terrorist survived the day.
    Invalid data point! Everyone knows Palestinian's can't shoot!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I went to every civilian shooting of a terrorist for 18 months.

I saw many failures in .380 or 9mm short as it is know outside the USA. It was such a failure I had a brother in law turn his 380 in for a real 9mm
    In my experience, some of the .380 ammunition from outside CONUS is loaded much hotter. Was the .380 ammunition used in Israel loaded to SAAMI specs or European specs?
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    In my experience, some of the .380 ammunition from outside CONUS is loaded much hotter. Was the .380 ammunition used in Israel loaded to SAAMI specs or European specs?
    European

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    .380 is a MAN STOPPER! with Knock Down power!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    In my experience, some of the .380 ammunition from outside CONUS is loaded much hotter.
    Could be. I remember when I was a kid, my buddy brought his POS 380 out... some walther knock off turd. I was amazed that plywood was stopping/capturing the bullets. (FMJs)
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Oy vey. Not one of those silly info graphics is of value and demonstrates a poor/outdated understanding of terminal ballistics science. Smells like debunked Sanow and Marshall nonsense.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Until they chamber this gun in 9mm, I’m stuck with .380.

While I prefer my Sig P360, it is much harder to conceal with shorts and a tee shirt.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Oy vey. Not one of those silly info graphics is of value and demonstrates a poor/outdated understanding of terminal ballistics science. Smells like debunked Sanow and Marshall nonsense.
    Give it a read.

It doesn't claim to provide all the answers. But I think it has value.

https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/alte...stopping-power

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KUSA View Post

While I prefer my Sig P360, it is much harder to conceal with shorts and a tee shirt.

They do, it is called a PM9. I have one with a crimson trace. I ditched my LCP with crimson trace for it and never looked back.

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/...s-ruger-lcp-ii

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KUSA View Post

Dude, there's a bunch of 9mm pistols just slightly larger and easy as easy can be to deep conceal in shorts and T which I do in FL year round.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast