Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: B&T M4 Quad Rail

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

B&T M4 Quad Rail

Has anyone else tried one of these yet? The quality is simply outstanding with rock solid lock up. The price was surprising. I would say these even surpass the KAC M4 RAS as both the top and bottom rail lock into the barrel nut as opposed to only the top on the KAC. I don’t have many non FF railed carbines anymore, but these are going on the several I still do own.

https://bt-parts.com/amp/b-t-handgua...q-2-interface/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleW View Post
    Has anyone else tried one of these yet? The quality is simply outstanding with rock solid lock up. The price was surprising. I would say these even surpass the KAC M4 RAS as both the top and bottom rail lock into the barrel nut as opposed to only the top on the KAC. I don’t have many non FF railed carbines anymore, but these are going on the several I still do own.

https://bt-parts.com/amp/b-t-handgua...q-2-interface/
    The M4 RAS does lock into both the top and bottom of the barrel nut and the friction bar secures it. Their website sucks an if its so great then why only make a 7"?
    "your AR is shit, change my mind" - Will Larson

I make work horses, not show ponies.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    hard pass but the review says it all

'Posted by John on Dec 15th 2021

This is an excellent rail interface for the money. It locks up solid, is lightweight, and has a built in heatshield. My only gripe is that it does not have the correct dimensions to accept Knights Armament Rail Panels like a lot of US domestic rail systems do, but it obviously wasn't designed for them. This rail looks great on my C8 SFW. '

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RUTGERS95 View Post
    hard pass but the review says it all
    That review doesn't say much except that the rail doesn't have the relief cuts for the KAC panel clips. None of my Non-KAC rails have that either.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    That review doesn't say much except that the rail doesn't have the relief cuts for the KAC panel clips. None of my Non-KAC rails have that either.
    Point was, kac panels fit on every pic rail I've ever tried them on. If they dont fit here, is this handguard set to spec?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Point was, kac panels fit on every pic rail I've ever tried them on. If they dont fit here, is this handguard set to spec?
    Unclear... I'm assuming (but could be wrong) that the reviewer was talking about the lack of clip slots for the KAC clips. I have rails where the clips don't lock, so KAC panels don't work.

Now if he means the pic rail dimensions are not right, then YEAH! That would suck.

Midwest Industries is the only company I know of who Effed that up. This is America... the land of mediocrity in manufacturing, but damn. I can't imagine not getting the pic rail dimensions right.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-0- View Post
    Their website sucks an if its so great then why only make a 7"?
    Their website is painful. I'd like to take a look at the rail, but the site is so bad, it's exhausting.

The attachment points look a lot like the KAC RAS system.... which is why it's only in 7" probably.
    Last edited by markm; 01-11-22 at 10:35.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    That may be so, but the majority do not have the locking notch that KAC, Larue (and I think some DD) have for the KAC panels. I think that notch is not “to spec”, though it was a useful feature in its time.
    Last edited by 1168; 01-30-23 at 08:34.

Feedback Score
    KAC rail panels do not fit this rail. That has nothing to do with the specifications of the rail. KAC rails are built to accept those covers. They have a small slope machined to them that allows the spring clip to lock in. Yes, their site is archaic at best, but at $125 these rails are a solid choice, especially since the KAC rail is hard to find and overpriced these days.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleW View Post
    KAC rail panels do not fit this rail. That has nothing to do with the specifications of the rail. KAC rails are built to accept those covers. They have a small slope machined to them that allows the spring clip to lock in. Yes, their site is archaic at best, but at $125 these rails are a solid choice, especially since the KAC rail is hard to find and overpriced these days.
    Agreed. The review is misleading. Makes the pic rail sound out of spec, when it is probably not. I bet KAC panels FIT, but just don't lock in because I can see the relief cuts aren't there.

I definitely like the possibility of this rail since the KAC and P&S rails are asking 2-4 times their normal price these days on the resale market.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast