Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: B&T M4 Quad Rail

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Agreed. The review is misleading. Makes the pic rail sound out of spec, when it is probably not. I bet KAC panels FIT, but just don't lock in because I can see the relief cuts aren't there.

I definitely like the possibility of this rail since the KAC and P&S rails are asking 2-4 times their normal price these days on the resale market.
    You will not be disappointed! These lock into the barrel nut with the top and bottom rail and the front of the top rail has an additional spring clip that really locks into the end cap. Once everything is in place it’s extremely solid. The B&T vertical grip really completes the package as well. It’s aluminum and very precisely machined. I placed ERGO rail covers on mine and they fit perfectly. Surefire scout and the B&T vert grip fit perfectly as well.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Unclear... I'm assuming (but could be wrong) that the reviewer was talking about the lack of clip slots for the KAC clips. I have rails where the clips don't lock, so KAC panels don't work.

Now if he means the pic rail dimensions are not right, then YEAH! That would suck.

Midwest Industries is the only company I know of who Effed that up. This is America... the land of mediocrity in manufacturing, but damn. I can't imagine not getting the pic rail dimensions right.
    you may be right as I didn't read it that way. good point

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Agreed. The review is misleading. Makes the pic rail sound out of spec, when it is probably not. I bet KAC panels FIT, but just don't lock in because I can see the relief cuts aren't there.

I definitely like the possibility of this rail since the KAC and P&S rails are asking 2-4 times their normal price these days on the resale market.
    not everyone sell at 2-4x I know a great guy that sold niw for less than 2x in this mkt and has some used sets up that are in good to VG condition. I hear he's a great guy, did I mention that? lol but more on point, always good to have options but if I'm doing a kac like rail, I personally will stick to kac or the centurion rails as I know what I'm getting, if I decide to sell it's a bit easier, and I'm assured of proper fit (more than likely). Again however, good to have options and yes the mkt is full on bonkers!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RUTGERS95 View Post
    I personally will stick to kac or the centurion rails as I know what I'm getting
    I like the Centurion rails too. I have one. My only complaint is the "tall" bottom rail. Drives me nuts because I'm used to the KAC rail dimensions.

My other current favorite is the BCM QRF... KAC rail heights, FF, and priced great.... just Not In Stock right now. (I looked yesterday)
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I like the Centurion rails too. I have one. My only complaint is the "tall" bottom rail. Drives me nuts because I'm used to the KAC rail dimensions.

My other current favorite is the BCM QRF... KAC rail heights, FF, and priced great.... just Not In Stock right now. (I looked yesterday)
    I've not tried the qrf but know others that have and they like them

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RUTGERS95 View Post
    I've not tried the qrf but know others that have and they like them
    I haven't really mounted stuff and run mine hard yet. It's just acting as a handguard right now on an iron sight carbine.

"What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

I think I paid like 80 bucks for my used KAC a couple years ago. Cloners have run the prices up to retard level.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    I think I paid like 80 bucks for my used KAC a couple years ago. Cloners have run the prices up to retard level.
    Yes, I recall being to find used or NOS KAC rails for $100-$150 almost on demand. Times have changed though unfortunately.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    Well you have to have a Block 4 Mod 1 niner chimi changa in your collection for sure! If one part is not exact, eternal damnation!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If it holds zero as well as the KAC then it's a less expensive alternative for sure. I'll still stick with the KAC though because there's been a lot of testing that says they'll hold, plus there could be some really good collector value in them someday. That's one of the advantages of milspec is that it tends to go up in value over time because of the clone people.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast