Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: B&T M4 Quad Rail

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleW View Post
    They do not fit. I tried it on mine. Other rail covers fit perfectly, but the KAC covers do not.
    Don’t fit, or don’t lock?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ACE31 View Post
    So rail is too wide or thick then?
    I’m not sure exactly. I do know that KAC covers do not fit fit all rails. Again, as stated earlier, KAC rails were designed to fit those covers. Just because those specific covers do not fit is not a knock against the rail. I use Magpul/ergo slot covers or the Tango Down SCAR panels and those work just fine. The actual KAC cover will go over the rail fine, but the spring locking tab will not engage the slot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Don’t fit, or don’t lock?
    Don’t lock

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I wouldn't let not being able to use KAC panels be the reason to not buy the rail if it checks the other boxes for you. There are better options. The only reason I kept mine that came with my RAS is because of peak GWOT MK18 mod 0 aesthetics. I much prefer the DD rail covers that come with the RIS II.
    Last edited by Five_Point_Five_Six; 01-22-22 at 08:09.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Much appreciate the info.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    I wouldn't let not being able to use KAC panels be the reason to not buy the rail if it checks the other boxes for you. There are better options. The only reason I kept mine that came with my RAS is because of peak GWOT MK18 mod 0 aesthetics. I much prefer the DD rail covers that come with the RIS II.
    All of this.

KAC panels only work on rails made specifically for them; the notch is not in the M1913 spec, as far as I can tell (corrections welcome).

The DD covers are mammaries and beer on a light-ish quad rail. On chonkier rails like the KAC RASM4, I’ve been using the ladders since like ‘07, or whenever we collectively discovered them.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Just buy the real thing is my motto

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Went to go scoop one of these up and the site says back order. I contacted B&T, and a guy named Mike replied that they were a contract overrun and he had no idea when they might be back... i.e. never.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Went to go scoop one of these up and the site says back order. I contacted B&T, and a guy named Mike replied that they were a contract overrun and he had no idea when they might be back... i.e. never.
    I bought 3 back when. They are IMO, the best drop quad rail there is. Both top and bottom rail lock into the barrel nut with a steel leg. Top rail has the tension spring under the front cap. I paid $125. I hope they come back in stock! I’d buy a few more. People shit on these when I mentioned them BeCaUsE ThEy DoNt FiT KaC RAiL CoVeRs, but whatever.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleW View Post
    I bought 3 back when. They are IMO, the best drop quad rail there is. Both top and bottom rail lock into the barrel nut with a steel leg. Top rail has the tension spring under the front cap. I paid $125. I hope they come back in stock! I’d buy a few more. People shit on these when I mentioned them BeCaUsE ThEy DoNt FiT KaC RAiL CoVeRs, but whatever.
    I remember your description. It was a little confusing. But yeah, I think these are sort of a KAC influenced hand guard without the clip slots. The RAS, this B&T, and BCM's QRF are all on my wishlist, but none are in stock.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast