Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: B&T M4 Quad Rail

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I back ordered 2 of these hand guards on the off chance the come back in stock.

Here's the reply I got from Mike P. at B&T a month ago.
    Did they charge you for the back order? Thoroughbred has NIB P&S M4 RAS in stock currently.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleW View Post
    Did they charge you for the back order? Thoroughbred has NIB P&S M4 RAS in stock currently.
    No. They don't charge until fullfillment. I'll check out Thoroughbred. (Edit-Ordered a Thoroughbred P&S.)

The great carbine Rail shortage of 2023 is terrible!!!
    Last edited by markm; 02-28-23 at 16:34.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Thoroughbred has NIB P&S M4 RAS in stock currently.
    Thanks for the heads up. I got mine Friday. Beautiful brand new M4 RAS.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    No. They don't charge until fullfillment. I'll check out Thoroughbred. (Edit-Ordered a Thoroughbred P&S.)

The great carbine Rail shortage of 2023 is terrible!!!
    I remember a few years ago when these were knocking around gun show bins for around 100 bucks. Now I see people selling really banged up ones for $300 bucks on various networks. Thoroughbred seems to be a consistent source for decent ones at a decent price. I've been using midwest industries drop ins on the guns I don't need IR stuff for. If all I need is a light / grip etc on that particular gun they work pretty great. But the gwot clones are always attractive lol

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by danieljmaunder View Post
    I remember a few years ago when these were knocking around gun show bins for around 100 bucks. Now I see people selling really banged up ones for $300 bucks on various networks. Thoroughbred seems to be a consistent source for decent ones at a decent price. I've been using midwest industries drop ins on the guns I don't need IR stuff for. If all I need is a light / grip etc on that particular gun they work pretty great. But the gwot clones are always attractive lol
    I've tried about every drop in quad out there short of the really cheap junk. Troy, MI, DD, etc. I got rid of all of them. If it doesn't have the KAC dimensions, it drives me nuts. I've even tried mixing rail covers/ladder covers to get an aftermarket handguard to mimic the KAC, but I still ended up selling them off.

Feedback Score
    I've tried about every drop in quad out there short of the really cheap junk. Troy, MI, DD, etc. I got rid of all of them. If it doesn't have the KAC dimensions, it drives me nuts. I've even tried mixing rail covers/ladder covers to get an aftermarket handguard to mimic the KAC, but I still ended up selling them off.
    I wish you could have tried the B&T rail. Dimensionally, it seems damn near identical to the KAC rail. The machining is far superior and every edge is nicely chamfered. KAC rail covers do not fit as the rail lacks the recess for the spring clip. It is so nice in fact, I don’t even feel a need for rail covers. Where it is superior is in the bottom rail. It has a steel leg that locks into the barrel nut as well. KAC did in fact make such a bottom rail, but it was only in use in Canada & the UK. It was available for sale for a while, but I think it has since been DC’d.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I wish you could have tried the B&T rail. Dimensionally, it seems damn near identical to the KAC rail. The machining is far superior and every edge is nicely chamfered. KAC rail covers do not fit as the rail lacks the recess for the spring clip. It is so nice in fact, I don’t even feel a need for rail covers. Where it is superior is in the bottom rail. It has a steel leg that locks into the barrel nut as well. KAC did in fact make such a bottom rail, but it was only in use in Canada & the UK. It was available for sale for a while, but I think it has since been DC’d.
    I definitely could see they made it to the good dimensions. Pappabear back ordered one, and I back ordered 2 of them. The reply from B&T read like there's hope to get them at some point.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I backordered a B&T, $125 why not huh? And I have an LMT 10.5 with plastic rails so it would be nice to drop in.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    M4 RAS from Thoroughbred on Pappabear's LMT 10.5" with the UNITY RDS mount.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Just got ship notification on 2 of the B&T M4 Quad rails!! I thought the email was going to be a order cancel notice, but they apparently did another batch of these! (website still shows backorder and the same price as of this post)
    Last edited by markm; 07-06-23 at 12:27.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast