Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: North and South Carolina to Host Simulated “Guerrilla War”

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    I was thinking more special forces exercises and right ON the border. If various illegals regularly bumped into Recon, SF, Ranger and NSW guys it could be interesting. We should also have tank warfare schools and arty ranges...again right on the border.
    I have multiple friends in the Texas National Guard that got mobilized by Gov Abbott to go down to the Texas/Mexico border for "Operation Lone Star". It's pretty much a poop-show.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    Totally not germane to this thread, but back in the 90s I know SF would do SR training on/near the border, reporting their info as actionable intelligence to the border patrol. Great training, and it checked s box for them.
    And in the 2020's, too.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Ranger School used to have a Desert Phase, in Utah. Gone since ‘95.
    Man, that is a shame! Utah would be a great place for that, and you got all the dudes from 19th Group to help out. All of those "Hey, I know a guy" phone calls that make things infinitely easier.

Of course, the Regiment has had more than its share of "hands-on training" for the last 20 years. Most of those guys have Overseas Service Bars up to the elbow.

I really like Utah, and have contemplated it or Oklahoma if Texas ever goes sideways. Solid people there, and one of my mentor's lives just south of SLC.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Of course, the Regiment has had more than its share of "hands-on training" for the last 20 years. Most of those guys have Overseas Service Bars up to the elbow.
    Yessir. There’s really been no need for a refresher since ‘01.
    Last edited by 1168; 01-17-22 at 18:46.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    I was thinking more special forces exercises and right ON the border. If various illegals regularly bumped into Recon, SF, Ranger and NSW guys it could be interesting. We should also have tank warfare schools and arty ranges...again right on the border.
    They do, but I’m sure most coyotes know to avoid it. There’s a lot the military could do at and for the border that would be be beneficial training but we’re pretty funky about those laws for exactly the OP’s reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I think I saw a documentary about something like that called "Sicario"....

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456