Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can someone explain why P.O.C/ Minorities can't get an I.D.?

Feedback Score

Can someone explain why P.O.C/ Minorities can't get an I.D.?

Maybe this is the wrong place to ask. Maybe I should go to Reddit. Anyway can someone explain why it's apparently so hard for Blacks/minorities to get a photo I.D. In my state you just go to the DMV show proof of citizenship/ legal residence pass your written and road test and get your driver's license. If you don't want a driver's license or can't get one a Photo I.D. is issued to you. Race is not part of the criteria that determines if you get one. Anyone who is a citizen or is here legally can get one regardless of race.( obviously you can only vote if you're a citizen). Also if 18 you can register to vote or renew your voter registration at the same time you get/ renew your driver's license. I imagine the process is similar in all the U.S. states. With Biden's speech yesterday (which admittedly I only half listened to) and all the drama over Georgia's laws last year I'm trying to understand what in our current law is racist/ discriminatory.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Real reason: big-city Democrats have relied on voting fraud for decades, or centuries in NY and Chicago, and it's inconvenient for dead people to get picture ID.

Fake reason: a century ago, back in the mists of time, there were places where black people couldn't get ordinary government services that white people (at least, wealthier white people) could get. One of these services may have been birth certificates. So somewhere in the deep south there is ONE (1) black person born in 1915 who didn't get a birth certificate, doesn't have a photo ID, and still wants to vote when the local news media make them feel special. Chances are they've been collecting social security payments for 40 years without a problem, but WHINE SOB MOAN RACISM!!! there you have it. Just add AOC and stir.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There is no reason they can’t. People perpetuating this nonsense are racist baiting scumbags.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevslatvin View Post
    I'm trying to understand what in our current law is racist/ discriminatory.
    The GAO (Government Accountability Office) had a study in 2014 under Obama that stated that where states had voter ID there were approximately 3% less voters in Federal Elections.
    GAO-14-634
    Published: Sep 19, 2014

This would equal out to approximately 28 million people according to the PEW research center (30 million according to the DNC), which from the Pew Research center the following was "observed" or reported:

"that around 11% of eligible voters don’t have photo ID issued by the government, and that figure is even higher for people of color, disabled, seniors, students, and low-income voters. A lot of citizens face problems apply for a government photo ID because getting the documentation required for such an ID such as a birth certificate, can be hard or costly to obtain."

So in retrospect, Bidens reporting contorts 2 reports together to make an assumption. Now, does Georgia have enough voting areas in rural portions of low income voters? Probably not, but that is not what Biden is mad about, he just wants Georgia to be a possible swing state. (That at least is my opinion)
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    It's not, this is a lie perpetuated to encourage continued voter fraud. Notice nobody makes the same argument when talking about vaccine passports.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    Real reason: big-city Democrats have relied on voting fraud for decades, or centuries in NY and Chicago, and it's inconvenient for dead people to get picture ID.

Fake reason: a century ago, back in the mists of time, there were places where black people couldn't get ordinary government services that white people (at least, wealthier white people) could get. One of these services may have been birth certificates. So somewhere in the deep south there is ONE (1) black person born in 1915 who didn't get a birth certificate, doesn't have a photo ID, and still wants to vote when the local news media make them feel special. Chances are they've been collecting social security payments for 40 years without a problem, but WHINE SOB MOAN RACISM!!! there you have it. Just add AOC and stir.
    Seems a white person born on the family farm or at home to poor parents in 1915 would have the same issue?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    You could take the “poll tax” element out of the equation by making non-drivers license photo ID free. And maybe make it easier to get a copy of your birth certificate (which you need to get a photo ID).

Take away the impediments to needing photo ID for voting, and then nonsense goes away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    The GAO (Government Accountability Office) had a study in 2014 under Obama that stated that where states had voter ID there were approximately 3% less voters in Federal Elections.
    GAO-14-634
    Published: Sep 19, 2014

This would equal out to approximately 28 million people according to the PEW research center (30 million according to the DNC), which from the Pew Research center the following was "observed" or reported:

"that around 11% of eligible voters don’t have photo ID issued by the government, and that figure is even higher for people of color, disabled, seniors, students, and low-income voters. A lot of citizens face problems apply for a government photo ID because getting the documentation required for such an ID such as a birth certificate, can be hard or costly to obtain."
    That makes sense and I don't have a good answer, but do we change our laws so they make voter fraud easier, for 11% of eligible voters? I would say no.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yea...nonsense. If they have a bus pass, have any federal benefits, kids go to public school, have a cellphone, etc...means they have an ID. Absolute garbage.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    It's not, this is a lie perpetuated to encourage continued voter fraud. Notice nobody makes the same argument when talking about vaccine passports.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    There is no reason they can’t. People perpetuating this nonsense are racist baiting scumbags.
    Bingo. And Bingo. It’s the racism of low expectations and pure drivel perpetuated by the Left in this country.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast