Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can someone explain why P.O.C/ Minorities can't get an I.D.?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Can someone explain why P.O.C/ Minorities can't get an I.D.?

Maybe this is the wrong place to ask. Maybe I should go to Reddit. Anyway can someone explain why it's apparently so hard for Blacks/minorities to get a photo I.D. In my state you just go to the DMV show proof of citizenship/ legal residence pass your written and road test and get your driver's license. If you don't want a driver's license or can't get one a Photo I.D. is issued to you. Race is not part of the criteria that determines if you get one. Anyone who is a citizen or is here legally can get one regardless of race.( obviously you can only vote if you're a citizen). Also if 18 you can register to vote or renew your voter registration at the same time you get/ renew your driver's license. I imagine the process is similar in all the U.S. states. With Biden's speech yesterday (which admittedly I only half listened to) and all the drama over Georgia's laws last year I'm trying to understand what in our current law is racist/ discriminatory.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Real reason: big-city Democrats have relied on voting fraud for decades, or centuries in NY and Chicago, and it's inconvenient for dead people to get picture ID.

Fake reason: a century ago, back in the mists of time, there were places where black people couldn't get ordinary government services that white people (at least, wealthier white people) could get. One of these services may have been birth certificates. So somewhere in the deep south there is ONE (1) black person born in 1915 who didn't get a birth certificate, doesn't have a photo ID, and still wants to vote when the local news media make them feel special. Chances are they've been collecting social security payments for 40 years without a problem, but WHINE SOB MOAN RACISM!!! there you have it. Just add AOC and stir.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    Real reason: big-city Democrats have relied on voting fraud for decades, or centuries in NY and Chicago, and it's inconvenient for dead people to get picture ID.

Fake reason: a century ago, back in the mists of time, there were places where black people couldn't get ordinary government services that white people (at least, wealthier white people) could get. One of these services may have been birth certificates. So somewhere in the deep south there is ONE (1) black person born in 1915 who didn't get a birth certificate, doesn't have a photo ID, and still wants to vote when the local news media make them feel special. Chances are they've been collecting social security payments for 40 years without a problem, but WHINE SOB MOAN RACISM!!! there you have it. Just add AOC and stir.
    Seems a white person born on the family farm or at home to poor parents in 1915 would have the same issue?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevslatvin View Post
    Seems a white person born on the family farm or at home to poor parents in 1915 would have the same issue?
    Poor whites might face some of the same issues, but let's be real, much of the south (as well as some other parts of the US) had systematic racial discrimination into the 1960's. Not so much since then.

As of 2022 it's a red herring with regard to any eligible voters (actual US citizens, etc.). But it's hugely important for their ability to perpetrate all kinds of voting fraud.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You can achieve anything in this Country you desire with some effort.
    or
    You can find very well intentioned people who will tell you why you'll never have shit.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Poor whites might face some of the same issues, but let's be real, much of the south (as well as some other parts of the US) had systematic racial discrimination into the 1960's. Not so much since then.
    All brought to you by Jim Crow who was an invention of the Democratic Party.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    All brought to you by Jim Crow who was an invention of the Democratic Party.
    DNC keeping racism cool since forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

As of 2022 it's a red herring with regard to any eligible voters (actual US citizens, etc.). But it's hugely important for their ability to perpetrate all kinds of voting fraud.
    You make a good point as relating to people born in the early to mid 1900's, but how many of those people are still alive to vote. Seems to me for most born since the civil rights movement it should be a non-issue which if I'm interpreting right is what I think you're implying as well.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevslatvin View Post
    You make a good point as relating to people born in the early to mid 1900's, but how many of those people are still alive to vote. Seems to me for most born since the civil rights movement it should be a non-issue which if I'm interpreting right is what I think you're implying as well.
    Very few, and of those I would bet 99.99% of the people who want or "need" photo ID have obtained one by now.

I would imagine that the Dems might be able to find maybe, like ONE living person who can't vote because they can't obtain photo ID because they were born in racistan back in 1923 and they can't obtain any legal document proving their identity. ONE, maybe. But the corporate leftist media like CNN would take that ONE and amplify it as if it's millions, then people like Sotomayor would turn it into TRILLIONS and OMG the world is ending racism ORANGE MAN BAD!!!

Yes, I think the level of political discourse today is at the level of a brain-damaged and schizophrenic seven year old. Watch an hour of CNN and tell me how I'm wrong.

Feedback Score
    Maybe Chuck Schumer is watching reruns of COPS and thinks these people are being denied their right to vote for lack of ID.

May I see your DL?
    Don't have one.
    Any ID?
    No.
    Do you own this vehicle?
    No.
    Who does?
    Borrowed it from Biggie.
    Does Biggie have a last name?
    Don't know. Just call him Biggie.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 01-20-22 at 14:53.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast