Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Can someone explain why P.O.C/ Minorities can't get an I.D.?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevslatvin View Post
    Some of those white kids at the beginning make me cringe. Some of the things they say are pretty degrading to black people.
    It's usually "well intentioned" white liberals who say the most derogatory and condescending things about black people.

Don't forget, Shitzhispants said something along the lines of "He's really clean and well spoken for a black man" as a "compliment" to Obama.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    It's usually "well intentioned" white liberals who say the most derogatory and condescending things about black people.

Don't forget, Shitzhispants said something along the lines of "He's really clean and well spoken for a black man" as a "compliment" to Obama.
    They have no expectations and accept everything is "A Black Thing" and move accross town.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    My wife is Sioux and the voter ID is a hot button in the NA community because the federal government requires a physical address to get a state or tribal ID (either would be acceptable to vote). Lots of people on the reservations (and rural people period) had a P.O. box and that was sufficient for years, but is not enough now.

If you look at it through a very narrow lens, Voter ID laws could deny some natives an opportunity to participate in the democratic process.

Reality quashes that pretty quickly. Every adult that I know on "the rez" needs an ID in their day to day lives. Driver's license to drive, of course, but also need an ID to cash checks, open a bank account, get a job, apply for federal aid/social security, receive medical care at the IHS, buy alcohol/weed/tobacco, etc. Anyone without an ID is not worried about voting.

I personally think proof of birth is "I'm standing right here" but the reality is that a ID is required to live in the US.

Also - owning a gun is just as much a constitutional right as voting and I don't see libs protesting laws that require an ID for purchasing a boomstick.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 01-15-22 at 08:13.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post

Also - owning a gun is just as much a constitutional right as voting and I don't see libs protesting laws that require an ID for purchasing a boomstick.

Andy
    Buying a gun doesn't allow them to be cheating bastards.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevslatvin View Post
    Maybe this is the wrong place to ask. Maybe I should go to Reddit. Anyway can someone explain why it's apparently so hard for Blacks/minorities to get a photo I.D. In my state you just go to the DMV show proof of citizenship/ legal residence pass your written and road test and get your driver's license. If you don't want a driver's license or can't get one a Photo I.D. is issued to you. Race is not part of the criteria that determines if you get one. Anyone who is a citizen or is here legally can get one regardless of race.( obviously you can only vote if you're a citizen). Also if 18 you can register to vote or renew your voter registration at the same time you get/ renew your driver's license. I imagine the process is similar in all the U.S. states. With Biden's speech yesterday (which admittedly I only half listened to) and all the drama over Georgia's laws last year I'm trying to understand what in our current law is racist/ discriminatory.
    It’s all BS! Anyone can get an ID card in their respective state. If I’m not mistaken, PA will give you a free ID if you can’t “afford” it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If you have outstanding warrants and show up at the dmv for an ID it may not go well. Or it may at least be a concern of these wonderful folks with these warrants.

Also as everyone else said it makes it much harder for illegals and dead people to vote if they need an id saying they are a living American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    It’s all BS! Anyone can get an ID card in their respective state. If I’m not mistaken, PA will give you a free ID if you can’t “afford” it.
    About two months ago Michigan had a bipartisan bill that passed both chambers with large numbers to give free state ID's to people and the Dumbocrat governor vetoed it.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    My wife is Sioux and the voter ID is a hot button in the NA community because the federal government requires a physical address to get a state or tribal ID (either would be acceptable to vote). Lots of people on the reservations (and rural people period) had a P.O. box and that was sufficient for years, but is not enough now.

If you look at it through a very narrow lens, Voter ID laws could deny some natives an opportunity to participate in the democratic process.

Reality quashes that pretty quickly. Every adult that I know on "the rez" needs an ID in their day to day lives. Driver's license to drive, of course, but also need an ID to cash checks, open a bank account, get a job, apply for federal aid/social security, receive medical care at the IHS, buy alcohol/weed/tobacco, etc. Anyone without an ID is not worried about voting.

I personally think proof of birth is "I'm standing right here" but the reality is that a ID is required to live in the US.

Andy
    I'm of two minds on this subject. On the one hand, driving is technically a privilege and I can see why a DL should be tied to a physical address. I'm thinking less about tracking someone down for an arrest and more for death notifications in the event of a vehicular fatality.

Other than that, an ID for voting or purchasing a gun (or any other constitutional right), a P.O. box should be sufficient. I don't need to know if someone has active warrants if I'm issuing a free voter ID. Just proof of citizenship and which precinct you're voting in.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    not pertinent
    Last edited by AKDoug; 01-19-22 at 14:20.

Feedback Score
    It’s an urban legend perpetuated by Democrats. Minorities are too stupid and too poor to get an ID…

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast