Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What does a good start of a range day look like ?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Cool What does a good start of a range day look like ?

When your shooting buddy shows up with a trash can full of freshly loaded 6.5CM. Can on the right is all old Norma factory brass we shot and kept the brass. 140 ELD's.

Can on left is a Hornady brass mostly combo of 150 SMK's and 147 ELD's. We shot the shit out of 6.5 and didn't scratch the inventory.

2 other boxes of 50 with Lapoochie brass and several other bags just jam packed- Not pictured!

Oh and we shot that bag of RMR 69's pictured that day too. The 69's snuck into the picture looking for a little fame of the 6.5 glory.

Life good at the hide!

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 03-30-22 at 18:54.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Tote of pistachios on the right.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That's awesome.

Just like 308, I didn't realize Norma makes 6.5 CM ammo.....and they make a variety of it.

I'm not convinced that it's worthwhile to buy Norma ammo for the brass, at current ammo prices, but I am going to try their brass. I've never been a fan of Hornady.....this was an error. I've never been a fan of Federal. I've only used Hornady brass for some fouling ammo for the 6.5 CM.
    Last edited by grizzman; 04-02-22 at 23:42.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Grizzman, I bought some of their 308 in 168's and 175's that was very decent price and you get the brass. Shot Sub MOA. Like below $150 / rd

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I just went through 5 pages of Google results in a search for Norma brass.....and came up empty.

Ammo loaded with 140 grain soft points appears readily available at $1.50 each.

I'm really tired of this unavailability.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Go to Norma's web sight if you have not. That is where I bought it. Just went to their sight. Marketing must have caught up to the times. Damn prices practically doubled.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 03-31-22 at 00:43.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Nothing like a range bud that loads all the ammo!

Especially if you’re not the loading bud……..
    Looks like a hella good time PB!
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    If buying your 6.5 CM, just make sure the store doesn't slip 6mm CM in on you. Kid at range went through a 20 box this Wednesday without achieving 100z for his 6.5. Store had given him box of each....

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by triggerjerk View Post
    If buying your 6.5 CM, just make sure the store doesn't slip 6mm CM in on you. Kid at range went through a 20 box this Wednesday without achieving 100z for his 6.5. Store had given him box of each....
    Sending small bullets down big bores is bad news for your suppressor.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    I'm not convinced that it's worthwhile to buy Norma ammo for the brass, at current ammo prices, but I am going to try their brass. I've never been a fan of Hornady.
    The Norma brass loaded nicely. Good neck tensions and smooth but still tight primer pockets. The good thing about Hornady brass is the pockets are almost too tight. I've finally gotten to where I can stand to put the effort into processing Hornady brass and get good results.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast