Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: “Jungle Gun” Concept

Feedback Score

“Jungle Gun” Concept

https://primaryandsecondary.com/foru...ngle-gun.1426/

I think it would be interesting to get M4C posters’ thoughts on the concept of a “jungle gun”.

I’d give a little more of an explanation but it’s been pretty well fleshed out in the P&S thread and so, in reading that, I figure most folks here can come to a pretty general idea of the direction in which the discussion in this thread should go.

Basically… real-deal, no-shit, everything wants you dead up to and including the enemy, jungle. Guns, gear, loadouts, the why and the how, the thought process behind picking this or that… comms, electronics, mold, heat, moisture, everything breaks or rots, sickness, heat-casualties, lightweight, bare-essentials, etc.

This could be a really legit, really cool and really interesting discussion…… or it’ll get a bunch of views but only a handful of posts from guys who know what’s up and then it’ll just fade away because the rest of us would rather post in GD and argue over whether or not God exists or why Biden is more retarded than actual retards or how Robin Sage is for real this time…
    Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    One of those WTF threads. CAR-15, Tabasco, bug juice, smokes, other smoke, frags.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'll give one gun comment. I'm in the mountains if Vermont, vegetation is basically jungle dense in the summers at times and humidity can jungle like too. It however never gets over 90 degrees.

We have tons and I mean tons of black bear on the property and a good deal of moose.

I built a 458 socom gun with a 16" and a brake on it. The whole gun is painted camo and it has a 1.25-4x Leupold optic on it. Mags hold 10-11 rounds and you can pump those rounds through it if you want. I did some mag dumps into a rotton stump and was impressed with how well it handled. Obviously its got all your AR15 controls and familiarity.

Why 458?, its a "brush gun" round and the jungle is such. You're not shooting far and you want to punch through undergrowth. It also hits hard on animals like bears and moose in my case, I'd guess for you it would be tigers and the predator.

Feedback Score
    The M16A1 did a whole lot of jungle duty in Vietnam.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    M4A1, Aimpoint T2 on a high rise mount, everything painted OD green. No need for magnified optics, as your engagements will be danger close. NODs, Bowie knife, Life Straw, 550 cord, high speed tape, poncho, bug juice, compass, maps.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    The M16A1 did a whole lot of jungle duty in Vietnam.
    +1. My first thought too.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Pretty sure a P&S modcast from long ago was fairly adamant about irons in the jungle.

Feedback Score
    Since you are posting this in the AR section I assume you mean an AR "jungle gun". The CAR-15 (XM177E2) was the original AR "jungle gun" and seemed to work pretty well for guys like SOG. They actually preferred it and were in some thick jungle under rough conditions. To answer your question.....yeah, for me a lightweight flattop AR of carbine length with a quality red dot on top would meet those requirements nicely.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Since you are posting this in the AR section I assume you mean an AR "jungle gun". The CAR-15 (XM177E2) was the original AR "jungle gun" and seemed to work pretty well for guys like SOG. They actually preferred it and were in some thick jungle under rough conditions. To answer your question.....yeah, for me a lightweight flattop AR of carbine length with a quality red dot on top would meet those requirements nicely.
    peeks his head and says 'AK'

Feedback Score
    First question is where is there "jungle" in the USA.

Secondly, a friggin M4 with a red dot, some deet, dip and a poncho.

Dont forget your K-pot with born to kill written on it.
    "your AR is shit, change my mind" - Will Larson

I make work horses, not show ponies.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast