Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: “Jungle Gun” Concept

Feedback Score
    I would agree with the XM177/M4/M16A1 group. But I would put my own spin on it. I'd use a suppressed 605, like my Brownells replica. I have old eyes and I've used a Gen 1 RMR w/ Scalarworks mount on a PRI carry handle. If somebody comes up with the closed emitter 1X prism, I'd buy it and try it. Ever read any of John Stryker Meyer's stuff like "Across the Fence"? Don't know if I could carry 600 rounds in a jungle like Tilt did.

Feedback Score
    Another unconventional thought. A Tavor. Compact, runs when dirty. Super easy cleaning. Keeps it compact, yet allows longer shots if presented.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 09stanggt View Post
    suppressed 605
    I’ve often wondered, if the 605 had been more successful, where would we be now? Would we have skipped the A2? Or the M4, with its similar length, but outright dumb profile barrel, and short handguard? After all, a ~16” or 14.5”P/W with a rifle length handguard is pretty much the standard today outside the .mil, and not unusual inside the .mil. A 605 splits the difference at 15.5”. Its like a longer Kino, where we get to have a triangle FSB AND a long handguard. A KAC RAS M5 and flat top would have modernized it, followed by more current free-float rails.

On the suppressed bit, I’ve got a 4.1” can that sounds similar to a Turbo K (better than a Sandman K) and takes a 605 to the same overall length as a 18” with an A2. Very handy. Or a M4SDk takes it to the same length as a 20” with an A2 for better signature reduction at the expense of weight.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    A KAC RAS M5 and flat top would have modernized it, followed by more current free-float rails.

I didn't get that fancy with my Brownells. I just replaced the handguards with Magpul MOEs to be able to mount a flashlight easier. I just wish Brownells would have gone with something like a 1/8 twist instead of 1/12 but it is a replica. I suggested it because it obviously comes with irons but haven't suppressed mine, I use a BRN-180 for that. THAT would be interesting with irons but it would have to be some type of BUIS. You could also go folder if you're into it.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567