Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Springfield's "Hellion" bullpup

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    Honestly, looking at the Springfield offering compared to the real thing from HS-Produkt it's not actually changed too much. Other than the differences in the magwell, the VHS-K2 doesn't seem to have swap-able grip ability, different style trigger guard, handguard with pic rails and the barrels have an odd fluting for improved heat dissipation (guessing).

Springfield could have messed it up worse I suppose. And really, the worst thing they did to it is the name IMO.
    Well said
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    Had one, sold it. Never looked back. FN has made some great stuff. That one really wasn't one of them. Also dumped my PS90 and my 5.7 USG but for caliber reasons. I wanted to like my PS90 and USG, they were so space gun looking.
    Oh I may have disliked it also but unfortunately I’ll never know. They just look so weird and cool and 90s.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like it and if I needed a short rifle for confined spaces it would be at or near the top. If I ever decide I need an SBR then as an alternative I will take a good look at bullpups.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    If I had money to just blow on neat shit I’d absolutely get one, but as much as I’d like a diverse assortment of interesting and exotic weaponry, at this point in time I’ve become more focused on “standardizing” my collection, and trying not to get into any more weird platforms or any more niche calibers.
    Stop being so practical and just given in to being a military style gun collecting whore like me. It's much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    To me this is more a gun lover/collector's gun. Nothing wrong with this since, honestly, every gun most people buy past a basic AR, 870 or J-frame/Shield is pretty much a toy . It is likely Springfield didn't do anything to hurt the gun since it appears they brought it in an faux sporter configuration and just put some 922R parts on it (the way FN did with the SCAR back when they still came from Europe). I think this will likely be a cool piece much like an AK,Tavor, AUG, FS2000, FNC, etc. And there is also a reasonable chance this gun will not be imported forever and then will be even more interesting.
    This! Some of my best purchases were generally considered pretty undesirable when I bought them.

Feedback Score
    At about the 2:00 mark, shows the packaging for Iraq:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9Q11j3XUsY

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Interesting for reasons mentioned in this thread, but I can't get over the price. Maybe at 1200 or 1300. Different strokes I suppose. I'll be interested to see someone's 1k round review, though.

Feedback Score
    On one of Ian McCollum's youtube videos on the rifle, a person claiming to be a former Croatian solder chimed in saying that they wanted a higher round count until barrel overheat with the VHS 2. That and maybe some other added features ended up adding a pound of weight or so over the VHS 1. He went on to mention that the little pin in the cheek riser was added after they kept falling off and getting lost in the woods. He also complained about the weight.

I wonder what would need to change to get the weight down? Even half a pound would be a meaningful improvement.

Does anyone know what the picatinny rail is made out of?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nick84 View Post
    Interesting for reasons mentioned in this thread, but I can't get over the price. Maybe at 1200 or 1300. Different strokes I suppose. I'll be interested to see someone's 1k round review, though.
    Well, I've got well over 2k through mine and the price is coming down so there's hope

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    PASS. Don't need a Croat rifle to match the XD I'd never own.
    Fixed it for ya.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nick84 View Post
    I’ve seen a few completed auctions in the $1,300’s-$1,400’s on these. You could probably negotiate direct for $100 less, shipped from dealers.
    Last edited by OhThatGuy; 05-07-23 at 08:52.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast