Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Long Term Review: PSA Barreled AR-15 Upper (Part 1)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NWcityguy2 View Post
    In my first magazine, there was one jam. It appears the jam was caused by the bolt not traveling far enough back before attempting to strip the next round from the magazine. The jam was cleared in seconds and without tools. In the second magazine, this same type of jam happened two more times. The rest of the shooting continued without any jams or stoppages.

This includes the 300 cartridges fired and the approximately 70 rounds afterward used to test accuracy with the four varieties of ammo and sighting in both scopes.

I do not like break-in periods, and Palmetto State Armory does not warn of any in their advertising. At the same rate, everyone should conduct one on every firearm they own in a reasonable amount of time. This is not only important to confirm functionality but to identify any major problems in case a return to the manufacturer is needed.

Am I concerned? Not really. Three jams in the first two magazines and then none afterward isn't something to worry me.
    There is nothing wrong with your extractor spring or your buffer. You had a rough start due to brand spanking new parts needing to settle in a little bit and they did...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    So even if I agreed, I think replacing a part so early is outside the spirit of this test.
    Ok, you’ve piqued my interest. I’m with you to see what happens.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    I agree with MistWolf on this one. You WILL continue to see issues if you do not change out that extractor spring.

Every single BCG I own including BCM's; I went through and replaced all extractor springs with a spring co 5 coil and black insert. It only costs $4 per gun to do. I never have to worry again if my extractor has enough tension. To me it was a no brainer.

At the very least pull down the extractor and document what they sent you. IIRC my PSA's came with a silver 4 coil spring with insert and donut. Looked fine, but I still pulled them.
    I replace extractor springs on every “new”, “new to me” BCG.
    Cheap insurance; times limited, ammo expensive, life’s short.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    So even if I agreed, I think replacing a part so early is outside the spirit of this test.
    I agree about the spirit of the test, and would someone in PSA's target market know the extractor spring needs to be upgraded?

On the other hand, you swapped the muzzle device (its your gun, and your test) so you have already replaced a part.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 01-21-22 at 07:14.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234