Thread: Finished my first lower, couple questions

Feedback Score

Finished my first lower, couple questions

So I put together a lower for the first time last night with a trigger I’d been using in another lower. I used Wilson lpk and a Wilson flat wire spring with an h2 buffer. How many rounds should I run through it and how should I go about it to make sure it cycles correctly?

The upper has been getting used with an h buffer and was completely reliable. It’s a 556 setup, and 77gr at 2503fps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ubet; 01-15-22 at 11:08.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There's nothing etched in stone. I normally run a 20 round magazine and a 30 round at slow deliberate shots (perhaps 1 per second). Same at faster rates (not dump speed). Call it good.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    So I put together a lower for the first time last night with a trigger I’d been using in another lower. I used Wilson lpk and a Wilson flat wire spring with an h2 buffer. How many rounds should I run through it and how should I go about it to make sure it cycles correctly?

The upper has been getting used with an h buffer and was completely reliable. It’s a 556 setup, and 77gr at 2503fps.

test function is 1 mag
    test reliability of the whole rifle is no less than 500 but not confident till 1k and that's with multiple brands of ammo

I don't use lube on new rifles for first 500 or so but to each their own. Lube can mask potential issues as well as reliability concerns for instance for people that shoot in cold weather.
    Last edited by RUTGERS95; 01-15-22 at 12:10.

Feedback Score
    I just ran about 30rds from a couple different mags. Both 77 & 62 grs. It feeds and ejects correctly, locks back on empty and feeds from a full mag. Cases landed about 4oclock. It felt like a whole different weapon with the flat recoil spring and h2.

Did shoot it wet, just can’t bring myself to run a dry gun.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just ran about 30rds from a couple different mags. Both 77 & 62 grs. It feeds and ejects correctly, locks back on empty and feeds from a full mag. Cases landed about 4oclock. It felt like a whole different weapon with the flat recoil spring and h2.

Sounds good. Congrats.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

great! now go shoot it a lot! ha