Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock RMR co-witnessing iron sights

Feedback Score
    33 (97%)

Glock RMR co-witnessing iron sights

What iron sight heights provide a lower 1/3 co-witness for a Glock slide milled for an RMR?

I have a ZEV slide that is milled for an RMR which also has some suppressor height sights and after installing an RMR they are too high for my liking.

Feedback Score
    For the OP, do look at Ameriglo's offerings which has several sight sets depending on personal-preference; optic; slide cut; and other factors. Ameriglo is also coming out with its "Haven" product-line which also includes iron sights with its red-dot electronic sight (reviews are just now starting to show up on Youtube).

I likely also will be researching which electronic sight, along with exactly which backup iron sights to get if/when I ever get around to it. But do have a look at Ameriglo's website which seems to have the best selection/variety:
    https://ameriglo.com/products/optics...ble-sight-sets

Feedback Score
    33 (97%)
    Quote Originally Posted by L-2 View Post
    For the OP, do look at Ameriglo's offerings which has several sight sets depending on personal-preference; optic; slide cut; and other factors. Ameriglo is also coming out with its "Haven" product-line which also includes iron sights with its red-dot electronic sight (reviews are just now starting to show up on Youtube).

I likely also will be researching which electronic sight, along with exactly which backup iron sights to get if/when I ever get around to it. But do have a look at Ameriglo's website which seems to have the best selection/variety:
    https://ameriglo.com/products/optics...ble-sight-sets
    I like Ameriglos sights and I have their I-dot sets on my other Glocks, but I cant find any information on what sight heights will give me a lower 1/3 co witness. Ameriglos site doesn't specify and it just shows three sight heights, XL, 2XL, and 3XL.

Also, is there an industry standard in regards to how low the RMR cut is on the slide?
    Last edited by black22rifle; 01-15-22 at 22:15.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I am using AmeriGlo GL-511 on my Zev Trilo RMR cut slide. They are $67.50 @ Primary Arms. They give me a lower 1/3 co-witness.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by black22rifle View Post
    I like Ameriglos sights and I have their I-dot sets on my other Glocks, but I cant find any information on what sight heights will give me a lower 1/3 co witness. Ameriglos site doesn't specify and it just shows three sight heights, XL, 2XL, and 3XL.

Also, is there an industry standard in regards to how low the RMR cut is on the slide?
    https://ameriglo.com/products/listin...-glock-pistols

The sizes are listed for every set. You may have to do some math because if you’re not using a MOS, there is no industry standard for milling the slide. On a side note, I’m of the opinion that cowitnessing sights on a pistol is meaningless. As long as they are high enough to be seen in the window that’s good enough. The only time you should even be acknowledging your irons is in the case of your dot going down. If you’re using both irons and dot in combination, you’re slowing yourself down. Just focus on the dot and the target, keep the irons out of the equation. They are a “backup”.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    Just focus on the dot and the target, keep the irons out of the equation.
    Focus on the target and superimpose the dot.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Focus on the target and superimpose the dot.
    Correct. I should have worded it better. I just meant that your backup irons shouldn’t even be part of the equation.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    Correct. I should have worded it better. I just meant that your backup irons shouldn’t even be part of the equation.
    Agreed, when I first moved to an RMR I removed my sights and ran the gun w/o sights for a while before installing my taller Ameriglos for backup. I think for my next setup I'm going to try the rear sight forward of the optic.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Agreed, when I first moved to an RMR I removed my sights and ran the gun w/o sights for a while before installing my taller Ameriglos for backup. I think for my next setup I'm going to try the rear sight forward of the optic.
    I think that method would serve many well. You would think as much as the term “backup iron sights” is used on this site, that people would understand what it means.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Well when you forget to turn your optic on and get to the first shooting stage of your 5k run and gun, those backup sights came in handy for hitting the 50 yard torso target. Note to self, check when charging pistol at the start, turn on optic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast