Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who should I use to mill my Glock 19 slide for an RMR?

Feedback Score
    I would just buy a ready made slide from Brownells and then you don't "mess" up" your stock slide and if you sell the gun later it has 2 slides with it

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I would just buy a ready made slide from Brownells and then you don't "mess" up" your stock slide and if you sell the gun later it has 2 slides with it
    It's pretty well used so no real resale value left in it. Lotta life left in it though and it's done right by me so far so I want to keep it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    It's pretty well used so no real resale value left in it. Lotta life left in it though and it's done right by me so far so I want to keep it.
    I might still buy the second slide to set up for a red dot or green dot. The stock slide is your Iron sight gun, if you ever want to shoot it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I used Maple Leaf 4 years ago, and went back to check my emails to verify dates and such. They were just about spot on with time frames, costs havent changed (on the package I got, at least), and they had great communication.

With that said, I second Yoni, I would personally go ahead and snag a second slide for a dot if I were doing it again, unless you want to do a full slide cut package and not just optic cut.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I have personally used Vulcan Machine Werks (yes, that is the correct spelling) twice, and they did fast and excellent work. I had the first G45 back in 2 weeks, and the G48 cane back in 9 days.

https://www.vulcanmachinewerks.com/

I had them direct mill a P-1 onto the G45, and it's got over 7,000 rounds through it with zero issues.
    Having worked for Vulcan, I’m a little biased. It is one of the few places where you can get very good quality work, with a short turnaround, at a very reasonable price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by D.S. Brown View Post
    Having worked for Vulcan, I’m a little biased. It is one of the few places where you can get very good quality work, with a short turnaround, at a very reasonable price.

Hmmm, that sounds tempting. If they do good work, that's a good price.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    Hmmm, that sounds tempting. If they do good work, that's a good price.
    I just messaged you.

Feedback Score
    I might still buy the second slide to set up for a red dot or green dot. The stock slide is your Iron sight gun, if you ever want to shoot it.
    Second this advice. This is what I did for the reasons stated. I want to try out a red dot sight but don’t want to alter the Glock slide. I still haven’t purchased the sight yet though.

Feedback Score
    The other option is go with the Leupold Delta micro. It is a great red dot and I think it is a great way for Iron sight shooters to get into red dots.

I have one on a glock and think it is great for a carry gun.

I also will be moving to only closed emitters. I think in 5 years the red dot sights that serious people will carry on defense pistols will all be closed systems.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The other option is go with the Leupold Delta micro. It is a great red dot and I think it is a great way for Iron sight shooters to get into red dots.

I have one on a glock and think it is great for a carry gun.

I also will be moving to only closed emitters. I think in 5 years the red dot sights that serious people will carry on defense pistols will all be closed systems.
    I went ahead and sprung for an RMR. I really wanted the Acro, but I've heard people have issues with battery life so I'm going to give them a bit to work the kinks out.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast